• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah that's what I like about it. A lot of good players have come from Spain recently and settled well so lets hope it continues. In Jesus we believe! #patto #***yman

King Pietersen

International Captain
Interesting stat about Navas' performances this season: Had 80 shots without scoring this season - at least 27 more than any other goalless player in Europe's top 5 leagues.

Reckon he'll be a decent signing though. It's one area City are really lacking in, and Navas is a seriously good winger. Be interesting to see who else they go for this summer.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he doesn't get many goals. Citeh don't score many from crosses either, unless Dzeko has a bit of a revival.

But Navas is so quick and so good technically you'd think they must surely be able to find a role he's effective in. Pellegrini likes a fluid front four so maybe he'll become a bit less rigid with his positioning.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pellegrini did excellent things with Joaquin last season, could see Navas playing a similar role.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Martinez to Everton, then. Not sure what to make of it. Or the EPL in general, haha.

TOOMUCHCHANGE

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think it's a good move for all parties really. But at the same time, without a a fair bit of investment I don't think they can now achieve any more than they have already. They've definitely hit their glass ceiling for the time being. Will be interesting to see if Martinez can keep them at the sort of level they managed to reach under Moyes.

Pothas

Now that would be interesting.

City continue to spend, certainly not a repeat of last year. Interested to see how Fernandinho works with Toure, have only seen him a few times but he has looked fantastic.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Have no doubt that if Arsenal were able to land him, he would be a fantastic signing, exactly the kind of player they need. Just really have to hope Moyes and Man Utd don't hijack the deal.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think United want Fellaini. They're better than most clubs at keeping things under wraps but even so I've heard nothing but pure speculation on the subject.

grecian

As long as I don't have to actually watch him plod around like a half-dead deer 45 times a season.
Think your being very harsh, a half-dead deer, would probably have adrenaline pumping through him, and be quite alert. So the comparisons to Gareth are very scathing.