• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2011-12

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It's weird how Taggart spent £18m for him when Stekelenberg went for about £6m.
My thoughts exactly, can't understand that one myself - would have taken Stekelenberg for sure. Rene Muelensteen even told Dutch media that Stekelenberg was our first choice target.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clubs look for such dramatically different things in a keeper than fans do, I've noticed.

Uppercut

Such a filthy victory, I have no idea where a goal was coming from if we hadn't fluked a pinballer. Will definitely take it.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
First half hour I thought we looked fantastic, but as soon as De Gea's howler got them back into it we just seemed to fade, classic example of a 'keeper's (lack of) confidence spreading through the team.

Good to see our defensive crisis has started nice and early this season - Rafael out for 10 weeks, Rio out for six, Vidic at least a couple, and Evra missed today due to injury.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Love that it took one game for the people who were dissing Ashley Young to look stupid.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We need some big signings or Robin's gone next summer. Jack the year after. 2 weeks to undo all this damage and some insanely huge games as well.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Love that there's 60+ games left in the season for Manchester United and you're calling Ashley Young a success after one game.
I don't see the word success in my post, do you? You're entirely right that he has plenty, plenty more to prove, but I found it humourous that after reading posts and posts about how abysmal Ashley Young is, he won United their first game.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Only £25m up front for Cesc, possibly reaching £34m if he sees out the five year contract and Barca win a couple of La Ligas and another CL with him. Which they will.

And the buy-out clause? Just the £175m.

Uppercut

I don't see the word success in my post, do you? You're entirely right that he has plenty, plenty more to prove, but I found it humourous that after reading posts and posts about how abysmal Ashley Young is, he won United their first game.
I didn't notice those posts? I thought he was considered at worst either overpriced or slightly below the level United should be looking for.

Uppercut

Hmm. I don't read any football forums, really wasn't aware that there was much Ashley Young hate..

In other news, Robbie Keane has signed for LA Galaxy. Sucks for Ireland..

Last edited: