• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lol Spurts. :cool:

Reckon the old tax dodger will be doing his best ****ney Ferguson-lite impression over the Crouch red.

**** 'em.

****s.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, I enjoyed that more than I thought I'd enjoy a Spurs thrashing. The media hype machine was getting a bit unbearable in the build-up, Harry reckoning he had "a very good chance" of beating Mourinho's Real Madrid immediately after failing to beat Wigan.

I read an article from Alan Hansen today about how Real Madrid aren't very good. It's amazing how little research professional pundits do sometimes.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, it really isn't though is it? His was an act which was done intentionally and in the full knowledge that it would be broadcast at length around the country and indeed the world. You can't go up to someone in the street and do that, I wouldn't say it was a great deal more appropriate to do it in this vein either. I appreciate that football stadiums are indeed full of "classless" (ahem) individuals, but there is no way the FA could ever regulate unsavoury behaviour in the stands to the extent that swearing and so forth was outlawed, imagine trying to enforce that.
Haha well it's obviously not an analogy that holds up to detailed scrutiny, but you get the point. He was essentially suspended for swearing at a football ground.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah but he knew perfectly well that millions of people would see it on live TV. Makes it worse than 'just swearing'.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah but he knew perfectly well that millions of people would see it on live TV. Makes it worse than 'just swearing'.
Yes. Obviously.

If I were (hypothetically, of course) to shout "that's ****ing **** ref, what the **** are you watching, you wanker", whilst watching City at Bristol Rovers thhis weekend, that would be of no significance. If I were to be responsible for a group of children attending said fixture, however, and launch into the same diatribe... I'm still swearing in a football ground...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FTR I have been ejected from two grounds for swearing, one of them by the Police (cost me eighty quid)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, I enjoyed that more than I thought I'd enjoy a Spurs thrashing. The media hype machine was getting a bit unbearable in the build-up, Harry reckoning he had "a very good chance" of beating Mourinho's Real Madrid immediately after failing to beat Wigan.

I read an article from Alan Hansen today about how Real Madrid aren't very good. It's amazing how little research professional pundits do sometimes.
Was worse before the AC Milan game, Sky was full of crap about how well Spurs did last time they went to the San Siro and how amazing Gareth Bale was, conveniently forgetting that he scored 2 stoppage time goals to add a veneer of respectability on a night when they got thoroughly pumped.

As for Hansen's rubbish, it's just an example of the EPL centric 'punditry' that passes on terrestrial TV. It's ****ing embarrasing when the World Cup is on, and unless the player plays or has played in the EPL, no-one has a ****ing clue about the players.

cpr

International Coach
Meh, good old FA, want to set an example for the children, so they give a 2 match ban to the guy who swears but turn a blind eye to the **** who shoots the YTS kid.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Was worse before the AC Milan game, Sky was full of crap about how well Spurs did last time they went to the San Siro and how amazing Gareth Bale was, conveniently forgetting that he scored 2 stoppage time goals to add a veneer of respectability on a night when they got thoroughly pumped.

As for Hansen's rubbish, it's just an example of the EPL centric 'punditry' that passes on terrestrial TV. It's ****ing embarrasing when the World Cup is on, and unless the player plays or has played in the EPL, no-one has a ****ing clue about the players.
But could Messi perform in a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Imagine the outcry if he was still in charge and the team had just been knocked out of Europe and beaten by WBA
Indeed but Roy didn’t do himself many favours. He seemed to forget he was managing a side with Champions League aspirations but was instead buying players readied for a relegation battle and Championship football. He never bought players when he last managed a top club so obviously forgot the score.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Meh, good old FA, want to set an example for the children, so they give a 2 match ban to the guy who swears but turn a blind eye to the **** who shoots the YTS kid.
Pretty sure if Cashley had done it in the middle of a game live on Sky he'd have been banned too.

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
Aye, Rooney's been a bit of a dick and that's not a great surprise. Equally, not massively shocking to see the hypocrisy in the feeding frenzy that has followed it...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Yeah, a hundred times this. It's painfully obvious when the pundits have no idea about a player and that they're regurgitating information which they've just read from a cue card or have just been fed through a microphone. Abysmal stuff.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe sacking Rafa Benitez wasn't the wisest of choices after all.
The irony is they are more or less in the same position they were when they sacked him (actually, they were still in CL) and in his tenure there was an unbelievable injury list.

Inter have too many old players and not enough depth. They will need to buy for next year if they have any aspirations of future glory. This season is not over and who knows what can happen, but you really doubt it right now.