• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must say i'd love to see the reaction of Gunners fans if they don't take 3 points in their final match against Fulham, and the Spurs win their 2 remaining games. When was the last time Tottenham finished ahead of Arsenal in the league?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must say i'd love to see the reaction of Gunners fans if they don't take 3 points in their final match against Fulham, and the Spurs win their 2 remaining games. When was the last time Tottenham finished ahead of Arsenal in the league?
Probably the only one old enough to remember, tbh. 94/95, after the height of the madness of King George. We finished 12th, only six points above relegation. Liverpool beat us at home with a couple of games left (were a real bogie team for us then) & I remember the Scousers chanting "Going down, going down, going down".

Was never a realistic chance, but we weren't mathematically safe til the last but one game.

Craig

World Traveller
Reports on soccernet suggest Manchester City will spend a whopping £75m on Benfica duo Angel di Maria and David Luiz. £40m on yer Argentine winger di Maria and £35m for the Brazilian centre back :mellow:.

I bet Benfica will be laughing all the way to the bank. And didn't Citeh they say they weren't going to pay massive overs for a player just because they are rich?

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
That is seriously ridiculous money. I'd raise an eyebrow if it actually happened, but wouldn't go as far as to say I'd be surprised.

duffer

Not upset about Flappy always knew he had it in him, more upset at the rest of the team. How they could have 60 something percent possession and not muster more than a shot on target(or goal apparently) after going behind.

Guys just bottled it, side by side tippy tappy with no one wanting to take the initiative and try and make something happen. That was the most worrying part, promising season going down the same route as the previous ones. In for a long summer tbh. Really long.

Although I'm going to start following Fat Sam's twitter. Some quality tweeting there.

And Arsene's quotes did make me laugh:

On this game affecting Fabianski’s confidence…
“I think he had a good game. It should affect the confidence of the referee.”

Haha, winning trophies might not be his thing anymore, but he has truly become a master of diversion.

cpr

International Coach
Read in the Metro that Wenger was complaining about Blackburn targetting the keeper.

TBH Arsene if they were aiming elsewhere they haven't really got to grips with the game (mind you, knowing Arsenal keepers, they and the goal arn't always in the same place)

duffer

He couldn't have been serious, I don't think either were fouls on him. He's just trying to get the media focussed on anything other than his team's failings.

duffer

"I am delighted to join the English football atmosphere, it is something amazing. I love Arsenal's game. I know I will have to adapt but I know the short passing game with (Bordeaux midfielder) Yoann Gourcuff. In February, I made my decision. A departure clause (in a potential new Bordeaux contract) was not logical after refusing Arsenal last summer. Arsenal were not alone.

He's coming, they're all coming.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That would be awesome. Huge game tonight/tomorrow morning, can't wait!