• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha what the hell. I thought I linked to a different one.

EDIT: And Huntelaar isn't worth breaking the budget over, especially when there are far greater areas of need in the squad.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The Hunter has an immense goal record, he's got his flaws but he's seriously underrated IMO.

In any case, Toure just passed his medical and will be presented within 3 hours they reckon. (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
* Shock: We've sold yet more first team members

* Denial: Don't worry, Wenger will surely spend the 40 million that we've already made this summer

* Anger (and becoming irrational): Wenger Out! Cheap bastard getting paid 4 million a year to sit around and run this club into the ground. (I want Hleb and Ade back!)

* Bargaining: An Arsenal blog I've never heard of says Essien is having a medical right now!!!! Oh please God make it happen!

* Depression: Wenger has made his "chequebook closed" remarks. Season over! Won't even bother watching us get humiliated by Everton in the first match.

* Acceptance: **** this, season's starting, football's back, we're going to win it all, and coming 4th having made another 60 million is still a relatively good result considering. Right?

Very sad times, top player imo, will be very sad to see him leave. One of my all time Arsenal faves.
Hasn't played to his level for about a year and a half imo. Gallas and Vermaelen would've been first choice and Djourou improved a lot last year. Senderos and Silvestre (gah) as 4th and 5th is plenty imo.

That said, he is a proper gooner and the squad has very few of those, last Invincible as well. More or less time for the "new Arsenal." *sigh*

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
* Bargaining: An Arsenal blog I've never heard of says Essien is having a medical right now!!!! Oh please God make it happen!
Haha **** me, would love it if that turned out to be true, obviously not going to happen though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hasn't played to his level for about a year and a half imo. Gallas and Vermaelen would've been first choice and Djourou improved a lot last year. Senderos and Silvestre (gah) as 4th and 5th is plenty imo.

That said, he is a proper gooner and the squad has very few of those, last Invincible as well. More or less time for the "new Arsenal." *sigh*
Yeah, best thing to come of this is that Djourou will get a run in the side hopefully, which he definitely deserves. But it's another established player with a bag of experience out the door, and those are the kind of players that are so badly needed. Hell, he could have done a great job if he went back to play in midfield, he was awesome there back in 2003.

True enough, his form was pretty patchy and he had tailed off a lot from his earlier days, but I'd still take him over Senderos (dire, how the hell have we not got shut of him yet?!) and Silvestre (Mr panic attack).

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
He looked slow in Serie A. No amount of man love from coach and boss will get him through a season in England despite looking decent in a pre-season commercial knock around. Serie A starts last week of August (doesn't it?), Milan players were still working off their holiday fat.
Ha well said..

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Arbeloa gone. Very underrated and versatile defender IMO. Went cheaply, probably because it was his last year. He served us very well. Good luck to you son.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
It would be the best thing ever, but sigh..., but as you say duffer earning 40 million while still coming 4th isnt too bad, is it?
Better than what was happening before he came. Arsenal fans seem to have short memories, Wenger is the best thing that has happened to them. He took them into a different league.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Checked my facebook before and there are loads of people moaning about Man Citeh, they are the new Chelsea, your boys have well and truly arrived Smitteh

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Checked my facebook before and there are loads of people moaning about Man Citeh, they are the new Chelsea, your boys have well and truly arrived Smitteh
Going to be difficult deciding who I want to win the Manchester derby this season

Actually, what am I saying here? It will never be hard to decide who I want to win the Manchester derby.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I hope Citeh win the league ftr. Don't care about who spent what, a change is always appreciated