• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit of experience and leadership, someone who loves the club.
What we lost with Toure arguably.
Would give Diaby and Song a kick up the ass as well.
An Arsenal legend who can show the new marys we have in our squad what playing for the club is about? That part sounds great to me.

Problem is, he's a shell of his former self on the pitch. It would be painful watching him turn out for us every week.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Will Citeh please stop bidding for the klingon? If you want an Everton defender, please go Tony Hibbert.

Last edited:

duffer

From F365

There will be plenty of Arsenal fans rejoicing at the news that Emmanuel Eboue is likely to follow Kolo Toure out of Ashburton Grove exit door. On the face of it, it looks like a cracking deal - a massive profit on an unpopular player reported to be part of a clique that splits the Arsenal dressing room. A no-brainer for a no-brainer, if you will.

Have heard a lot of rumour and innuendo regarding this. Apparently Ade, Eboue, Kolo, Gallas and were very much the members of the clique with other French guys like Clichy, Sagna and Nasri being very much in the "opposition." A lot of talk about Nasri and Gallas having beef. Interesting to see possibly 3 of the former group out and the other in his last season at the club.

Craig

World Traveller
Saw the highlights for Real Madrid's game against Ecuador's LDU Quito, and it is good to see Cristiano Ronaldo hasn't changed from his diving habits inside the penalty box :dry: He really should try out for Portugal's Olympic Diving team in London 2012.

The Eurosport news newsreader called him a 'prima-donna' and 'children should not try this at home' :laugh:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'll shoot myself in the head if it happens, dead set. It just ain't happening, it makes no sense on any level. He goes to Madrid, "it's my dream" etc, or he stays at Liverpool and could seriously win a Premier League crown. At Arsenal, he does neither.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not hoping for Smitteh to shoot himself, though he would doubtless survive, I very much hope we sign him, unlikely as it may be.

duffer

I'll shoot myself in the head if it happens, dead set. It just ain't happening, it makes no sense on any level. He goes to Madrid, "it's my dream" etc, or he stays at Liverpool and could seriously win a Premier League crown. At Arsenal, he does neither.
You're probably right, we're not even going to make a bid anyway. Just think it's worth a crack seeing as though he was happy to come last season and we have the money now. Long shot or not, might as well try and improve the squad.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The only way this could happen is if Madrid pull out close to dealine day and he's burnt his bridges ala. Robinho. Then I'd expect us to be in for him as well, but I'd expect him to hit the Bernabeu within 7 days.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
ETA will be pleased that a supposedly proud Basque boy wants and dreams of playing for Franco’s team. It’s almost as a bad as a Catalonia singing the Spanish national anthem.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Liverpool fans will be devastated, a lot of the people I speak to that go the game find him to be more important to their midfield than Gerrard. If he goes, so do their title chances IMO/

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Don't worry Pool fans; Rafa is lining up Lee Cattermole and Hull's Michael Turner. A cool 16 million combined. :huh: :laugh: