• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2007-08

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
Joe who?

Well that came out of left field now didn't it? Either he is the second comming of Gordon Banks or other options are dire. I have never seen him play so I'll reserve judgement. I would imagine this would jack up his transfer fee when it comes time to move him on to a bigger club.
He used to play for Norwich (my team) and he was always spoken about having huge potential to be an England goalkeeper in the future. It would only be through injury that he would make any appearance in the friendlies, though, so I think he is just in the squad to be given some experience.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
He used to play for Norwich (my team) and he was always spoken about having huge potential to be an England goalkeeper in the future. It would only be through injury that he would make any appearance in the friendlies, though, so I think he is just in the squad to be given some experience.
It does show the total dearth of other options, though!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Not totally i believe Ben Foster & Scott Carson are injured. Kind of surprised Green hasn't really had a look in by Capello to date.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:D :D :D :D :D

Leeds consigned to a second year in this wonderful division. TBF, we're a club about a fifth of the size of Leeds and I expected to bounce back up. It's seven years later and we're still here. Unlucky you lovely blokes

:D :D :D :D :D

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
What a day yesterday was. Hayter, who was crap all year, did the job and dirty Leeds stay down.

Wembley was well worth the trip and Donny up with the big boys

EDIT- TBF to Leeds they 'out -supportered' Rovers and are without doubt the bigger club. However, as good as the fans were, their team was 2nd best to the best footballing side in the division.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Gives us another nice close game to go with the trip to Crewe.

Reckon this thread can get closed now. Doubt I'll ever start one with such a high post count again

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Halsey topping the charts here with over 1 in 10 of the posts and him and roseboy account for over 1000 between them, still reckon a United thread would go okay LOL

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Halsey topping the charts here with over 1 in 10 of the posts and him and roseboy account for over 1000 between them, still reckon a United thread would go okay LOL
Doubtful, most of Rose's posts are defending Man Utd players for something that he's not even seen happen. We'd need someone to post incendiary remarks on a regular basis to keep him frothing.

cpr

International Coach
Ralph Milne outclassed them all (William Prunier doesnt count, as he was only on loan)