• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2007-08

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Seems as the fixtures came out today, then I think the new thread should start. That's how it worked last year.

Mighty Whites play Leeds first up :D

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
City, City, City, City!!!!!!!! First up against the Hammers away which coincdently is the first game of English Premier League i went too which was last year :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Simple things i want to see happen next season:

- United to defend the title

- United to win the Champions League

- With regards to clubs outside the big 4, the likes of Tottenham, West Ham, Newcastle & Portsmouth to finish behind them win whatever order thus players such as Parker, Taylor, James, Ashton to get into the national side.

- England to have solid performances in their crucial Euro 2008 qualifiers.

- To end of the season England to win Euro 2008 with a injury time Beckham free sending the national into total euphoria a la Greece 2002.

- McClaren to resign on a high citing the stresses of being England coach, thus the FA Appointing Hiddink to lead a new era.

Seems reasonable enough...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Wonder when the Conference will release their fixtures. Wonder if they'll remember to schedule the play-offs this time.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I shall set off the predictions (I'm rubbish at lower leagues so I'll leave it at what I know something about).

Premiership - United or Chelsea, I fear it will be Chelsea unless we buy a quality striker.
Remaining Champions League places - Arsenal and Liverpool, simply too good for everyone else.
UEFA Cup places - Newcastle, Aston Villa, Spurs
Relagated - Derby, Birmingham, Bolton (setting myself up for long-term Greigy...)

Champions League - could be anyone, if we get a quality striker we have as good a chance as any now we have a decent holding midfielder. My greatest fear is that the Scousers will fluke it again. Won't be able to stand them going around saying they've only won it six times, not that I can really stand it as it is.

UEFA Cup - probably someone from Spain. Shall say Villarreal, providing they can hold on to key players such as Forlan.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Premiership - Chelsea.
Remaining Champions League places - Man Utd./Liverpool/Arsenal - in that order
UEFA Cup places - Villa/Newcastle/Everton
Relagated - Derby, Birmingham, Fulham

Champions League - Chelsea

UEFA Cup - Palermo

Tom Halsey

International Coach
You can bet the clubs named in the bung enquiry will get off with no punishment as per usual (which usually happens anyway, unless United are involved).

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You can bet the clubs named in the bung enquiry will get off with no punishment as per usual (which usually happens anyway, unless United are involved).
Twaddle of the highest order. No concrete facts have been giving about any of the clubs. Also one of the allegations involve the impropriety of dealings with Allardyce and his son. Of course Sir Fergie could never be accused of such.8-)