• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2007-08

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bristol City never deserved to be in the Prem, Adebola and Byfield? Wouldn't have scored a goal.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As Brumby hinted at a few weeks back, one of football trivia's longest-running questions has just got a new answer. Not sure what it is, mind.

cpr

International Coach
Think they said Plymouth now wins,

CAnt wait to see Windass tearing up the prem. Reckon he'll need a new hip by the end of the season. Old bugger

Matteh

We all knew it'd happen but it's still very harsh though. Two cup finals, one of which being the CL (making him better than Mourinho) and being in the Prem race until the final afternoon, is hardly a shocker of a season.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Now there's a French team in the Prem again I'm going to be supporting 19 teams on a rotational basis next season.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And Hull do? Them and Stoke are going to be absolutely awful in the new season, mark my words.
Hull will almost certainly go down, but they do at least have some players (Myhill, Barmby & Okocha, not that Jay Jay has played much of late) who are Premiership quality. Fraizer Campbell is too, but I suspect he'll be back at ManUre next year.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
What's with the Morrison's hate? Does it perchance have anything to do with it starting in Bradford?
More to do with it running a petty smear campaign against Saints in an attempt to stop us getting a new stadium because Tesco are fronting some of the cash to get a store built on the site too.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hull will almost certainly go down, but they do at least have some players (Myhill, Barmby & Okocha, not that Jay Jay has played much of late) who are Premiership quality. Fraizer Campbell is too, but I suspect he'll be back at ManUre next year.
Yeah, maybe five years ago.

Craig

World Traveller
Joe who?

Well that came out of left field now didn't it? Either he is the second comming of Gordon Banks or other options are dire. I have never seen him play so I'll reserve judgement. I would imagine this would jack up his transfer fee when it comes time to move him on to a bigger club.

Matteh

Joe who?

Well that came out of left field now didn't it? Either he is the second comming of Gordon Banks or other options are dire. I have never seen him play so I'll reserve judgement. I would imagine this would jack up his transfer fee when it comes time to move him on to a bigger club.
He's the 3rd choice though so won't play, obviously Capello has seen some potential though, so thought why not give him a chance training with the best of England's players to help with his development. It's a nothing couple of games though, so it's no Walcott at the WC.