• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Kimbo

International Debutant
I think they want Guti though, he's 28 so he is experienced which is what arsenal want with vieira gone

Kimbo

International Debutant
yeah i'm not convinced either... i reckon this will be a big year for fabregas, i just hope he is strong enough

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
lads, all those who are arsenal supporters can you state your names please, i need to know who my enemies are on CW.. :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
This is a comparison between Man U & Chelsea's likely starting line-ups & formations this season:

Man U:

-------------------------------------------------Van der Sar----------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Ferdinand--------------------Heinze------------------------------------------------------

Neville---------------------------------------------------------------Silvestre----------------------------------------------

Ronaldo-------------------------Keane--------------------------------------Scholes-----------------------------------

----------------------------------------Rooney--------------------------------Van Nistlerooy

Chelsea:

--------------------------------------------------Cech-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Terry---------------------------------Gallas----------------------------------------------

Carvalio---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bridge-----------------------

---------------------------------------------------Makelele------------------------------------------------------------------

Duff---------------------------------------------------------------------------Cole

Lampard

Drogaba---------------------------------------------------------------------Gudjohnsen--------------------------------

Both sides look strong especially Chelsea, who are clearly better than United in mid-field, but if Park plays that could change. Anyway i for one still belive United has what it takes to detrone Chelsea has the english champions. Go United.........

steds

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
Man U:

-------------------------------------------------Van der Sar----------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Ferdinand--------------------Heinze------------------------------------------------------

Neville---------------------------------------------------------------Silvestre----------------------------------------------

Ronaldo-------------------------Keane--------------------------------------Scholes-----------------------------------

----------------------------------------Rooney--------------------------------Van Nistlerooy

Chelsea:

--------------------------------------------------Cech-------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------Terry---------------------------------Gallas----------------------------------------------

Carvalio---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bridge-----------------------

---------------------------------------------------Makelele------------------------------------------------------------------

Duff---------------------------------------------------------------------------Cole

Lampard

Drogaba---------------------------------------------------------------------Gudjohnsen--------------------------------
They're funny shapes, Especially Manure having no left side :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ha ha that comparison of sides looks funny, though obviously not if you're a Bucanneeers fan.

On another note, i walked past Gary Neville in town on my way home today, i hade to fight the urge not to give him a glasgow kiss, but i was wearing the new white oldham away shirt so its probably for the best

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
kendall said:
This new UEFA rule of having too have a certain amoint of English and home grown players is going too make things ineresting and is going too force prices of English players up. It must have played some part in chelsea buying wright-phillips and the fact Arsenal seem too be after either Jenas or Hargreves as a "replacement" for Vieria
I don't think Hargreaves would count, he's not been "produced" in England

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, Manure with 10 players - is "Sir" Alex really that stupid?

Well, he does keep playing Phil Neville.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
superkingdave said:
On another note, i walked past Gary Neville in town on my way home today, i hade to fight the urge not to give him a glasgow kiss, but i was wearing the new white oldham away shirt so its probably for the best
Yes, the blood might have been difficult to get out!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
aussie said:
Both sides look strong especially Chelsea, who are clearly better than United in mid-field, but if Park plays that could change.
Are you trying to suggest Park is even remotely up to European standard and in the side for any reasons other than selling shirts in Korea?

I look forward to the P Neville-A Smith Centre Mid pairing. Should scare the life outta people...

Kimbo

International Debutant
I'm an arsenal fan, but not a lad.. I'm gettin a new shirt soon, putting STYOPID on da back

by the way dave, are you an oldham fan? my flatmate is from oldham and loves them.. i had to wear his oldham shirt at the pub the other day cos it was his birthday and he thought it was brilliant... i didnt quite understand the excitement

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Are you trying to suggest Park is even remotely up to European standard and in the side for any reasons other than selling shirts in Korea?

I look forward to the P Neville-A Smith Centre Mid pairing. Should scare the life outta people...
i think park his he looked pretty darn impressive for PSV last season especially in the CL semi-final againts AC Milan, while the p neville -a smith combination plays in mid field it will definately scare a lot of ppl :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
They're funny shapes, Especially Manure having no left side :p
didn't quite the shaping right their, and for god sake stop calling Man U manure or i'm going to get violent :dry:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
i think park his he looked pretty darn impressive for PSV last season especially in the CL semi-final againts AC Milan, while the p neville -a smith combination plays in mid field it will definately scare a lot of ppl :p
Mostly Manure fans, which is OK by me.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
You're obviously missing Giggs on the left. Also, Heinze goes on the left and Silvestre in the middle.