• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
Hakon, did you watch the Euro U19 match tonight?

Way to stuff something up! Do they not have corners in Norway?
No, I didn't. NRK didn't cover it and I don't have Eurosport.

*goes to BBC to figure out what happened*

*finds out BBC doesn't have any detail whatsoever, but that Norway have beaten Armenia 2-0, lost 1-3 to France and lost 2-3 to England after leading 2-1*

*curses self for not knowing this was on*

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
sledger said:
doesnt take away from the fact that they definitely will not be winning the league this year, if they can get 2nd they will have over achieved imo.
well i would like to think positive in the face of adversity........

Agent TBY

International Captain
sledger said:
doesnt take away from the fact that they definitely will not be winning the league this year, if they can get 2nd they will have over achieved imo.
Who do you think will finish 2nd, then? :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
I getting worried about Michael Owen now, he struggled to start for Real for the majority of last season and now with Robinho in thier ranks plus Ronaldo & Raul, things could get even worst for him
The latest I've seen is that Robinho isn't coming.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well he is. In the end he'll be going to Real Madrid. I don't think Santos will want him on their payroll when he just does nothing for them. Makes no sense. He will eventually go.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
I would think that overall Arsenal are stronger than man utd despite what games between the two would suggest and i do think Arsenal will run chelsea very close this season. Liverpool could get up with man utd aswell although i would like too see both fail dismaly

roseboy64

What about Arsenal makes you think that? Their goalkeepers have problems. The defence is questionable. Midfield also now slightly with Vieira gone. Henry's the only real stiker they have. Bergkamp's still got it a bit though and van Persie's still unproven.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
because they are capable of playing football better than anyone else in the premiership and Manchester with the exception of Ronaldo have an aeging midfeald and i dont see anyone coming through too replace them and they have just as much goalkeeping problems as arsenal

roseboy64

Van der Sar's a more proven goalkeeper than Lehmann and the defence is better. Also, upfront if they're healthy that's a better strikeforce. The midfield's old but they're still good.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
I think a lot will depend on the form of Van nistelrooy if he is at the level he was a couple of years ago then man utd will just hold the edge upfront. Midfeald i think Arsenal are stronger and defence there isnt really a whole lot in it.

Agent TBY

International Captain
kendall said:
I think a lot will depend on the form of Van nistelrooy if he is at the level he was a couple of years ago then man utd will just hold the edge upfront. Midfeald i think Arsenal are stronger and defence there isnt really a whole lot in it.
Gilberto, Pires, Ljungberg and Fabregas better than Keane, Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo?

Right.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Then why Agent tby did arsenal come ahead of manchester united last year? Dont forget Viera was not on form last year and also that arsenal have got flamini and now Hleb in their ranks

Agent TBY

International Captain
kendall said:
Then why Agent tby did arsenal come ahead of manchester united last year? Dont forget Viera was not on form last year and also that arsenal have got flamini and now Hleb in their ranks
So you're saying Arsenal's midfield was the sole reason they finished higher than Manchester United?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
Well he is. In the end he'll be going to Real Madrid. I don't think Santos will want him on their payroll when he just does nothing for them. Makes no sense. He will eventually go.
How will he move without International clearance (that the Brazilian authorities are refusing?)

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Agent TBY said:
So you're saying Arsenal's midfield was the sole reason they finished higher than Manchester United?
No but it has a lot too do with it on many occasions last year Manchester united has a complete lack of creativity

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Agent TBY said:
Gilberto, Pires, Ljungberg and Fabregas better than Keane, Giggs, Scholes and Ronaldo?

Right.
yes IMO, this year especially, Keane Scholes and Giggs are not the players they were.

Fabregas is something special

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeh i agree arsenals midfield is by far superior, how many of giggs, scholes and keane are currently world class, none.
how many are past it and on the decline, all of them.