• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Gee chelsea just dont give up, their after lyon midfielder Essein :dry: , boy if they get him it will just strengthen their side even more and will put pressure on Man U hopes of winning the premiership.

I hope the fact that they would have to pay an english transfer record to get will turn Murinho away, but that seems unlikely :sleep:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
it will strengthen chelsea, but realsitically man utds chance of winning the prem is slim anyway, it will probably be between chelsea and arsenal again, due to man utds ancient midfield primarily. They are simply not well enough equipped to challenge chelsea, mind you without a new player or two neither will arsenal be.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
aussie said:
United have signed Stoke city novice goalie Ben Foster, interesting signing for a bloke who has never played a first team game before, what do my fellow Man U supporters think about this signing???
No doubt if he ever plays for the senior side, people will hail it as another triumph for the Utd Academy...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
cant wait for someone to come on here and start crowing about the great emergence of giuseppe rossi and saying what a great example of the man utd youth system he is either :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
the guy is 22 and 3rd choice keeper at a championship side, was on loan at relegated Wrexham last year and United pay £1m rising to £3m on appearances for him? hmm, seems unbelievably stupid to me

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
must say i have never heard of this kid before, mind you im sure the man utd scouts know a great deal more than myself about him, but all the same...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Leigh RMI 0-0 FC United

FC United of Manchester played out a 0-0 draw with Leigh RMI in their first ever game as a football club.

The newly-formed side, who will play in the North West Counties League Division Two, were watched by 2,552 and the fans carried their players off at the end.

"The support was absolutely fantastic today - it's hard to put it into words," said manager Karl Marginson.

FC United will play their home games at Bury's Gigg Lane this season and their campaign gets under way on 13 August

Leigh were Conference whipping boys last year, but with FCUoM starting several tiers below, I think that's a good omen. I'm not sure how my support lies regarding their season - obviously a true fans' side but the words "United" and "Manchester"...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
fair play to them i say, at least its "real" football as opposed to the multi million pound churning cash cow of a side that so many mancunians seem to follow.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
the guy is 22 and 3rd choice keeper at a championship side, was on loan at relegated Wrexham last year and United pay £1m rising to £3m on appearances for him? hmm, seems unbelievably stupid to me
Dancing in the streets of Racing Warwick... 25% sell on fee!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
United have signed Stoke city novice goalie Ben Foster, interesting signing for a bloke who has never played a first team game before, what do my fellow Man U supporters think about this signing???
I can't remember one of those type of signings that has actually worked.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Anybody who thinks Foster is a Man Utd product would obviously be an idiot. Rossi however...Anyway, wonder what's special about the guy. He's going on loan soon. Then the year after that as well reportedly.

Craig

World Traveller
aussie said:
From a non Utd fan it seems a bit expensive for a guy who had some first team experience at the might of Wrexham in their battle to stay up after copiing the penalty.

He is going out on loan straight away to a Championship club from what is being said.

Craig

World Traveller
sledger said:
rossi would be no more a product of man utd than foster would.
Except Rossi would have spent some time to become a product in UEFA's opinion. I believe Foster is in his early twenties so he is too old to be hailed as a success of the youth system.

I mean Craig Bellamy can be called a Norwich product even though he is Welsh and would have to moved to Norwich at a very young age?

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
This new UEFA rule of having too have a certain amoint of English and home grown players is going too make things ineresting and is going too force prices of English players up. It must have played some part in chelsea buying wright-phillips and the fact Arsenal seem too be after either Jenas or Hargreves as a "replacement" for Vieria

Kimbo

International Debutant
dont know if arsenal are gonna go for hargreaves or jenas, newcastle want way too much for jenas anyway, i think arsenal are going for guti now that hes gonna leave real madrid

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
hmm im not convinced by any of those 3 actualy, Jenas i think will become a good player but i hope he stays at Newcastle. Hargreves is steady i suppose but with flamini and gilberto there i dont think they need him.