• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
Cant disagree too much tom, but i feel United can upset Chelsea this season..
IMO finishing 2nd is the best they can hope for this year, and thinking they'll upset Chelsea?!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
marc71178 said:
IMO finishing 2nd is the best they can hope for this year, and thinking they'll upset Chelsea?!
No first is what we can hope to do but unless something miraculous happens 2nd is what is expected. It's an uncertain game however.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Don't really see what Wright-Phillips will gain by moving to Chelsea. Sure the competition might make him a better player or surely it might ruin his development having come on nicely over the past two seasons. Mourinho will have his work cut out trying to play all those guys. He's definitely got problems in the midfield where that's concerned.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
sledger said:
so what exactly is the upside?
The fact that Chelsea play in europe... the exposure that he will get from playing Champions League games,and to win stuff, cause lets face it Man City won't be winning anything soon.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Of couse it will, but if he didn't consider that when wanting to move to Chelsea then hes an idiot. I would be interested to see if they try him up front in some games with the other more powerful strikers.

Craig

World Traveller
thewizard1o1 said:
Of couse it will, but if he didn't consider that when wanting to move to Chelsea then hes an idiot. I would be interested to see if they try him up front in some games with the other more powerful strikers.
Obviously Kezman didn't.

Craig

World Traveller
So I see Milan have opened up the cheque book and have signed Alberto Gilardino and Vieri on a free. Inter are it appears are about to be sign Figo on a huge contract and Samuel on a one year loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

This includes the signings of Pizzaro, Wome (you probably remember him from his Fulham days), Solari and goalkeeper Julio Cesar making the squad even more bigger.

I think Inter should sell Karagounis for his sake as he won't be getting much game time which he hardly got so far in his only two seasons, yet he isn't a bad player.

Last season when Mancini learnt from his mistakes from the start of the season and got things right Inter started to play as a team and thus started to get the results. As for Ronaldo - Adriano swap, I will only believe it when the transfer window closes in August.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
thewizard1o1 said:
I would be interested to see if they try him up front in some games with the other more powerful strikers.
After watching his full England debut (where Sven used him as the right of a 3 man attack) - he'll need top work to adapt to that Chelsea system.

Heck, even Andy Johnson did better than him in that role.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
United have signed Stoke city novice goalie Ben Foster, interesting signing for a bloke who has never played a first team game before, what do my fellow Man U supporters think about this signing???

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
well they have done that with a series of difefrent players in the last few years, steele had very little experience when they signed him, i doubt this will turn out much different, (not a man utd fan btw)