• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2014

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Neil Dexter contributing the square root of **** all again.

How on earth is this man still employed as a top six batsman by a county side?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
As if to illustrate the point Butler drops a regulation catch. Lancs deserve to get relegated if the amount of catches they've dropped this game is indicative of the season

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Saying that I'd have rested Butler and Anderson from all lancs games once the odit20s finished. Butler looked knackered during the Odis and same with Jimmy.

The likes of Finn and Jordan should have been playing IMO. Stokes too but just as a bat this last week.

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, Anderson you can understand (although he would probably have made the difference here) but ridiculous that Finn couldn't play when England have hardly needed him all summer.

Middlesex 210 on with 35 overs left, if it comes down to a ten-an-over thrash Lancs will still go for it, surely? Buttler in first, possibly.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll throw the towel in at this point - we haven't batted or bowled anything like well enough all season to deserve to stay up, but still gutted at getting so close to doing a Houdini

stumpski

International Captain
Will look forward to seeing the Red Rose county at the Oval next year. You up for that Fred? You're probably no further from London than I am.

I'll keep an eye out for the fixtures.

stumpski

International Captain
'Indoors if wet'

What's the earliest they can shake hands here, 4.30? Might as well put a lid on it before much longer.

stumpski

International Captain
Somerset managing to provide an odd ending to the season, going down in a heap at Headingley. Not sure how many overs they have left though.

Pothas

I must make some more trips to the Oval myself next season.

Looking forward to watching Hants at Lords, we usually always manage to be in different divisions.

social

All hail England stars Jos Buttler and Jimmy Anderson - but good riddance to medium-pace filth - Telegraph

Worst trend
The horrifying success of moderate medium-pacers in Division Two of the Championship. Jim Allenby, Jesse Ryder and Darren Stevens are not even bowlers by profession – they are principally batsmen – but simply with medium-pace outswing, as seen in club cricket, Allenby took 52 first-class wickets at 21, Ryder 44 at 18, and Stevens 56 at 27. Ridiculous. County cricket should be the domain of extreme pace and spin, as found at Test level.

Pothas

Pleased with our business so far, got it sorted very quickly. Jackson Bird should be great if fit (is he injury free atm?) although I really want Abbott back at some stage.

Inevitable but a real shame to see Bates go though, really hope a second division county gives him a deal.

stumpski

International Captain
Your man Balcombe has joined Surrey I see. Seems to have bursts of form - did very well in a brief spell at Kent.

Pothas

Was only really that stint at Kent and early the next season that he did anything much. Good luck to him but I doubt he will play that much for Surrey.