• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2009

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any ideas what the 'Medical Emergency' is in the Kent-Sussex game?
A freak fielding injury left Sussex batsman Chris Nash nursing a suspected broken leg. Chasing a modest target of 133 at an asking rate of 6.65 per over, Kent cantered to their third successive Southern Group qualifying win with three overs to spare to inflict a third defeat on the Sharks.

Yet home joy was diminished by Nash's injury that led to a 15-minute hold-up in play while the 26-year-old was taken to hospital by ambulance.

In trying to take a catch in the deep off Kent's match-winner Geraint Jones, Nash clashed with team-mate Dwayne Smith as the duo converged on the ball at long leg.

Smith caught the ball and, seeing the boundary ropes and the flying Nash out the corner of his eye, tossed the ball up hoping to catch it again, but the two fielders then collided and Nash came off the worse.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
They aren't all bad. Nasser Hussain is annoying but he speaks a lot of sense, Bob Willis is the same, moody (pretty funny though), but always has interesting stuff to say.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Good start to the season continues, hopefully we can finish off with a couple more wins before the break and be pretty much qualified

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Really think this Mahmood-hate on here is going too far. Even if he's not up to international standards, he's proven himself on the county circuit. I'd rather have someone who will spray the ball around a bit, then produced a series of unplayable deliveries than some of the stuff Leics served up yesterday.

du Plessis' innings was hardly brilliant, the bowling was absolutely dire and some of it would have got smashed in a decent premier league game.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Really think this Mahmood-hate on here is going too far.
Its a reaction the the Mahmood-hype.

When he is constantly being talked about as an international player and peaple rave about his pace then there will be a backlash.

If he was getting the props he deserved then noone would give him a second thought. Its only because he is spoken about in a far higher respect than he deserves.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Journeyman quick, Nantie Hayward has joined Derby until the end of the season.

And Notts are on the hunt for a new overseas player as Voges is going back home to play for Aus A.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Great start for Lancs...42-0 after 3

Edit 74-0 after 6...good to see Horton and Smith going well, don't have too many big names in our batting line up but they are going ok so far this year

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Derby need to give this FC county lark up.
As do Leicestershire, Glamorgan... Northants and Gloucestershire aren't much better. The standard is terrible in the 2nd division and the gulf is getting bigger every year.

Most counties are going the same way I believe - my own lot can now 'boast' an attack of Collins (WI), Nel (SA), Dernbach (SA/Eng), Elliott (SA/NZ) and Murtaza (Pak/Eng). I wonder how someone like Martin Bicknell would fare if he was starting out now. Doubt if he'd ever get near to his 1000 wickets, because he just wouldn't play enough first-team cricket.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Another comfortable win...I'm sure the fall is just around the corner, but have to enjoy the wins while they last.

Perhaps would have been disappointed with our score after our start but good we scored runs with Faf failing and the bowlers were good again and didn't give them a sniff. I looked after our last game and every bowler we had used this year had an economy rate under 6.5 ( I think Parry and Mahmood now have ER's of around 6.6 after today but Smith, Croft, Chapple & Keedy are all under 6).

Played the same side for all 5 games as well, Mal Loye can't get a game

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
Really think this Mahmood-hate on here is going too far. Even if he's not up to international standards, he's proven himself on the county circuit. I'd rather have someone who will spray the ball around a bit, then produced a series of unplayable deliveries than some of the stuff Leics served up yesterday.

du Plessis' innings was hardly brilliant, the bowling was absolutely dire and some of it would have got smashed in a decent premier league game.
I see Mahmood as a massive potential England bowler, but i get so frustrated when he bangs it in short! It's so simple what he has to do by just hitting the spot. He's Englands quickest bowler by far, the guy's a machine but he needs to cut out the crap.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God another Mahmood fan who thinks he bowls 10mph faster than he actually does.

Oh and top quality choke from Somerset in the T20 - almost feel sorry for Trego.