• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Dire stuff from Yorkshire, dire being a word I haven't had to use this season as regards to Yorkshire. Weather isn't really a good enough excuse for 139 all out.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Caddick dominant in the first innings . Zummerzet showing shocking signs of adequacy this season.

Oh, and Hildreth for England:)

grecian

Yeah Caddick could do a damn sight better job than these England seamers, 1 and a bit an over, and 7-30. What a gun.
Yes, you do feel he'd of picked up more Windie wickets, then any of our seamers. Yet his time is gone, I suppose. He's always been gun when the pitch offers something.

Yet the most pleasing thing for me was seeing Edwards and Hildreth getting runs on a pitch Banger and Langer couldn't. Showing they're a bit more then "Flat-track bullies".

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yet the most pleasing thing for me was seeing Edwards and Hildreth getting runs on a pitch Banger and Langer couldn't. Showing they're a bit more then "Flat-track bullies".
Something to which Banger and Langer ( :laugh: ) have both been accused of being in the past.

grecian

Oh Hildreth got out :(

OKay, I'll switch to Denly for England now, I'm very fickle. He took a wicket with his leg-spin today. I just want Straus out of the side, tbh. Denlys an opener, and a better fit.

Perm

Essex doing a good job against Middlesex, bowling well and have their opponent 74/3. Certainly hope they push on and run through the middle order.

stumpski

International Captain
Somerset have completed a three day win and their second successive innings win. Could promotion be a possiblity for last year's wooden-spooners?

Sussex managed it a few years back, and look what happened to them.

Last edited:

andyc

Skipper Anthony McGrath was pretty tough on Adil Rashid, declaring when he was on 49*. I wouldn't be happy.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Kent sign Morkel for Twenty20

If they'd signed Albie I could understand it...Morne is likely to give up eight runs just through no-balls... :dry:
Morne out bowled and out batted his elder brother in the Afro-Asian Cup and statistically Albie’s 20/20 record isn’t much better. You may laugh at the validity of such a competition but he was leaps and bounds a different class to his brother throughout.

Although, as you say he will bowl his fair share of no balls and wides but at least it will be minus the dross his brother currently bowls. Mickey Arthur who worked with Morne earlier this month and last year of course is good mates with Graham Ford so doubtlessly his put a good word in for the kid.

Apparently Kent were after Tyron Henderson once more but he has signed for Middlesex as their replacement for Chaminda Vaas. It is rather strange that Morne Morkel is thought of as a 20/20 player but he has bowled well recently and at least he is in some sort of ‘form’. Hope he does well and I except Tyron to do just as good as I predicated last year, excellent 20/20 cricketer.

Continuing the 20/20 theme, Australian Adam Voges will play for Hampshire in their 20/20 campaign. Voges, will deputies for Stuart Clark, who alongside Shane Warne is being rested.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Kent sign Morkel for Twenty20

If they'd signed Albie I could understand it...Morne is likely to give up eight runs just through no-balls... :dry:
He'll fit right in with McLaren and Arafat then.

Would have liked to get Henderson back again as he was excellent last year. Don't know enough about Morkel to know whether I should be excited or not, but it will take a great performance in the 20:20 from him and the rest of the team to lift me out of the Kent-related mood I'm in at the moment. I cannot believe how sloppy their cricket has been recently. The last 4 days have been an absolute travesty.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He'll fit right in with McLaren and Arafat then.

Would have liked to get Henderson back again as he was excellent last year. Don't know enough about Morkel to know whether I should be excited or not, but it will take a great performance in the 20:20 from him and the rest of the team to lift me out of the Kent-related mood I'm in at the moment. I cannot believe how sloppy their cricket has been recently. The last 4 days have been an absolute travesty.
His an 'exciting' player and if all goes to plan will have a long international career for South Africa (unless he likes it so much at Kent and goes Kolpak...). Morne is a tall lad who bowls quick and gets some serious bounce, coupled with that fact that his a more than handy batsman, his probably not the worst international cricketer to ply his trade for Kent.

Although, he is still pretty green and 20/20 is a rather unforgiving format for the inexperienced.

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
His an 'exciting' player and if all goes to plan will have a long international career for South Africa (unless he likes it so much at Kent and goes Kolpak...). Morne is a tall lad who bowls quick and gets some serious bounce, coupled with that fact that his a more than handy batsman, his probably not the worst international cricketer to ply his trade for Kent.

Although, he is still pretty green and 20/20 is a rather unforgiving format for the inexperienced.
You're only saying that because Ian Butler and Mohammad Sami have 'graced' the Kentish turf over the last few years... :ph34r:

Nah, I'll look forward to seeing how he gets on then. Hopefully he'll perform well and give the rest of the side a kick up the backside at the same time.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Good win for Lancs to keep us in contention for the CC despite our pretty piss poor start to the season we are only 12 points off the top.

On the other hand comes the bad news that Murali will be 'required' to play in the Twenty20 WC by Sri Lanka, though he previously said he didn't want to play in it. That means he will miss 4 of the last 9 FC games (Yorkshire at home then the last 3 games of the season). Cricket Australia have also announced a training camp which will mean Hodge will miss the last 4 FC games of the season if he also gets in the Twenty20 WC squad (pretty much a certainty).

So unlike last year when we were in the final of the OD trophy and flying high in the CC at this point and could afford to stumble in the Twenty20, we really need to do well in it this year to get something out of the season.