• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Styris has Fleming caught behind on 98, bet that'll hurt for a while...
They regularly have competitions to see who can score more in ODI tournaments, so Styris will be more worried about getting a ton than taking his former skippers scalp.

Scaly piscine

Typical Durham top and middle order collapse, leaving most of the work to Benkenstein and the lower order if they want to win. God knows why Durham are persisting with Will 'glorified tailender' Smith.

Scaly piscine

Yesssssssssssssssss Durham win by 1 wicket.

Does anyone know what the rules are for when teams tie on points? ie in what order these are used to split teams - number of wins, result between tied teams, net run rate.

(I know the top two go through in each, so Durham are through to the semis)

Last edited:

jakob1978

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yesssssssssssssssss Durham win by 1 wicket.

Does anyone know what the rules are for when teams tie on points? ie in what order these are used to split teams - number of wins, result between tied teams, net run rate.

(I know the top two go through in each, so Durham are through to the semis)
rules are here -
http://static.ecb.co.uk/files/2007-...-conditions-friends-provident-trophy-1572.pdf

5.7.4 The tie-breakers for teams finishing on equal points in the same group will be:

(a) Most wins in Group Matches.

(b) If still equal, the team with the higher net run rate in the Group Matches will be placed in the higher position

(c) If still equal, the team with the higher number of wickets taken per balls bowled in the Group Matches in which results were achived, will be placed in the higher position

(d) In the event that teams cannot be seperated by (a) to (c) above, this will be done by drawing lots.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Terrible start for Surrey in the last round in the group stages of the FP Trophy this morning. Clark and Mascarenhas are bowling beautifully.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'm not gonna say a 'good' win for Yorkshire, because winning by 1 run on D/L is probably ther least convincing way of winning, so I'll say the win was well needed.

Matteh

Friends Provident Trophy, Edgbaston: Warwickshire 314-5 beat Durham 77-3 (16.1 overs) by 39 runs (D/L method)

Yessss.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Gutted about Kent, they really should have qualified from this group but have thrown it away at the end. We need to get promoted in the Pro40 now or this season will be a failure for us IMO.

stumpski

International Captain
As if to mock the weather gods at Chester-le-Street, they got a full day's play in at Lord's, where Essex reached 342-7 having been 97-6. Middlebrook and Bichel both hit 100s in a partnership of 161. I was suprised to see that's Bichel's 7th ton - I had him down as no more than a useful tailender.

Why isn't this thread a sticky by the way?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
As if to mock the weather gods at Chester-le-Street, they got a full day's play in at Lord's, where Essex reached 342-7 having been 97-6. Middlebrook and Bichel both hit 100s in a partnership of 161. I was suprised to see that's Bichel's 7th ton - I had him down as no more than a useful tailender.

Why isn't this thread a sticky by the way?
Good recovery from Essex it must be said, must also be said that it's been bright blue skies down this way all day.

Perm

Excellent recovery from Essex, I thought we were screwed at 97/6 but Bichel and Middlebrook put together a really good partnership. They should keep pushing and possibly reach 400.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Another sloppy performance from Kent yesterday. Failing to get Lancashire more than 1 down in what must have been helpful bowling conditions, due in part to Horton being dropped by Jones and van Jaarsveld before finally getting out for 29.

Seems like there's a bit of a hangover from going out of the FP Trophy.

This is worth seeing though - Ryan McLaren catching Gidman on the boundary on Wednesday.

http://www.stagsnet.net/McLaren_catch_13Jun07.mpg

jakob1978

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well, Durham have bowled out Hampshire for 232 getting the 3 bowling points, but rain has stopped play again.

Durham could really do with getting as many points as possible here, particularly since the two teams above them in the table (Yorkshire and Sussex) are playing each other and haven't played an over yet due to rain.

Perm

Essex didn't manage to reach 400 which was a shame, they'll need to put in a good bowling effort against Middlesex to give themselves a decent first innings lead.