• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I was wondering how the **** did he manage to play a Test for England?
Lack of bowling depth, played in a period where nearly ever good bowler was injured and the guy believe or not took a few wickets. His selection was not as left field as say Mahmood’s or Plunkett’s.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good going by Mushtaq, six wickets on first day at Hove. And Kent won the toss and its only April (in spite of the weather being more like June/July in the South East).

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good stuff from Durham getting Worcestershire five down, although one of those is Kabir Ali. Durham have to beat sides like this if they want to at least get midtable obscurity.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Good stuff from Durham getting Worcestershire five down, although one of those is Kabir Ali. Durham have to beat sides like this if they want to at least get midtable obscurity.
Aiming high there ;)

Know what you mean, the priority really is to ensure you're still there next season, although the reduction to 2 up, 2 down makes me fairly confident that Warwickshire won't go down.

Scaly piscine

Yea the priority for all the sides except Sussex and Lancashire should be to ensure you're still there next season.

I can't see any side getting close to Sussex and Lancashire. Murali and Mushtaq virtually guarantee you can bowl sides out for below the par score every time. Not sure how much Lancashire willl have Murali, but they're a good team without Murali anyway.

Scaly piscine

Highly amusing the way Surrey are getting hammered somewhat by the tailenders of Yorkshi*e. Not particularly unexpected given Yorkshi*e's tail and Surrey's hopeless bowling attack mind.

Oh and here's the obligatory food & drink dismissal in the Durham match:

Bollinger c Mustard b Onions 21

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Love the way Cricinfo's listing the men out to Harmison:

Code:
	GA Hick 	c Onions b [b]?[/b] 	15 	35 	21 	3 	0 	71.42
	GJ Batty 	lbw b [b]?[/b] 	20 	62 	48 	3 	0 	41.66
	RJ Sillence 	lbw b [b]?[/b] 	0 	0 	1 	0 	0 	0.00
Presumably incredulous disbelief...

Perm

Nice effort there Gillespie, he'll be looking to take Shane Watson's place in the Australian test team now.

EDIT: Tim Bresnan also gets his maiden FC ton, good stuff.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Embarrasing for Surrey struggling to get No 8 and 10 out. Some people think Surrey are candidates for the title but not me - for what its worth I think three teams are contenders (Lancs, Hants,Sussex), three might flirt with danger but will be safe (Warwicks, Kent, Surrey) and Worcs, Durham and Yorks will fight to stay up. I'm not surprised Harmison is taking wickets - he got Durham off to a flier in 2005 coming back from a crap tour (SA - for him not the team) but it will be interesting if Durham can actually play well after 20/20 this year as well as before it...