• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great start by champions Sussex thus far, already have taken out Kent's top order thanks to Mushtaq and Lewry. Geraint Jones did not offer much, was bowled by Ahmed for next to nothing, most likely through a failed attempt at a sweep.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Great start by champions Sussex thus far, already have taken out Kent's top order thanks to Mushtaq and Lewry. Geraint Jones did not offer much, was bowled by Ahmed for next to nothing, most likely through a failed attempt at a sweep.
But Rana possibly injured... again... and Kirtley absurdly on 2nd change...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
But Rana possibly injured... again... and Kirtley absurdly on 2nd change...
Be a huge blow if indeed Rana is injured for say what you will about his performances at ODI level but he absolutely owns county cricketers.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
As a Kent fan living in Sussex, I have to say I'm a bit depressed by the start we've made this morning, although not overly surprised. Sussex are a very good side and Kent are rather mediocre right now, even if they are the only team to have played in the 1st division every season since its inauguration.

Could do with Stevens and Arafat sticking it out to lunch and then making a lot of runs in the afternoon, when hopefully batting will become a bit easier.

On the subject of Rana Naved's injury, it would be very bad news for Sussex. I was suprised that he went for as many runs as he did this morning, but he was phenomenal last season and would be a big loss on early season wickets if he's out for any length of time.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
As a Kent fan living in Sussex, I have to say I'm a bit depressed by the start we've made this morning, although not overly surprised. Sussex are a very good side and Kent are rather mediocre right now, even if they are the only team to have played in the 1st division every season since its inauguration.

Could do with Stevens and Arafat sticking it out to lunch and then making a lot of runs in the afternoon, when hopefully batting will become a bit easier.

On the subject of Rana Naved's injury, it would be very bad news for Sussex. I was suprised that he went for as many runs as he did this morning, but he was phenomenal last season and would be a big loss on early season wickets if he's out for any length of time.
Kent still have Ryan McLaren to come and his probably more accomplished with the bat then Yasir Arafat, so all is not loss. Although, I'm surprised with Kent's omission (unless his injured?) of Neil Dexter, guys a real talent.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
So he's aiming to play for England?
Yeah I believe so, tis a shame considering he never really 'tried' to make it back home in South Africa. Was over here doing a degree at Kent University and everything came relatively easily for him and the prospect of going back home probably did not set well considering the ease in which he destroyed league attacks in Kent.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing how McLaren does - I've stuck him in my fantasy team so I hope he gets himself into form before points start being scored. Patel and Cook are both pretty adept at hanging around so if Stevens stays in, all is not lost.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yorkshire doing well, Rudolph getting a good hundred. Younis failed though, hope he makes up for it in the second innings.