• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Harmison's wickets were all tail enders though, not a big contribution.
I know Hick is getting on, but to call him a tailender is a bit much! :p
It's a bit rough on Batty too IMO - he's a bowling allrounder at county level.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Misread the scorecard, didn't see him dimiss Hick. I don't rate Batty that highly either. What I meant was that Harmison lacked penetration at the top of the order, since his wickets came from #6,#8 and #10.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Embarrasing for Surrey struggling to get No 8 and 10 out. Some people think Surrey are candidates for the title but not me - for what its worth I think three teams are contenders (Lancs, Hants,Sussex), three might flirt with danger but will be safe (Warwicks, Kent, Surrey) and Worcs, Durham and Yorks will fight to stay up. I'm not surprised Harmison is taking wickets - he got Durham off to a flier in 2005 coming back from a crap tour (SA - for him not the team) but it will be interesting if Durham can actually play well after 20/20 this year as well as before it...
I have to say I think Durham and Yorkshire look a fair bit stronger than last season.

If England decide to stop mucking Plunkett around Durham will look even stronger. Having Di Venuto also makes Durham's batting a lot better. I think Worcestershire are big favourites to go down, after them it could be a few teams. Surrey would be the second favourite to go down in my opinion.

As regards to Harmison's wickets, Sillence is an all-rounder as well.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Good by Warks to get 490, Troughton and Loudon getting hundreds. We've got Lancs 80-4 now, but apart from Streak and Steyn I really don't think our bowling is up to much.

stumpski

International Captain
Bresnan and Gillespie added 246, a new Yorkshire record for the 9th wicket beating Hirst and Haigh way back in 1898.

And late in the day, Surrey slipped from 221-1 to 237-5 and are now staring down the barrel of the follow-on. Ramps still there though.

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bresnan and Gillespie added 246, a new Yorkshire record for the 9th wicket beating Hirst and Haigh way back in 1898.

And late in the day, Surrey slipped from 221-1 to 237-5 and are now staring down the barrel of the follow-on. Ramps still there though.
Nice to see Adil Rashid get 4 wickets.

I have a Surrey supporting workmate who was convinced he would be lording it over me after this match (he still might!)

Not a bad couple of days for Yorkshire though..

Just need to get the 'run-machine' Ramprakash out now :unsure:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Dale Steyn chip in with the vital wickets of Loye and Law.

As for Surrey, they are disgrace. Ramps has some serious work to do tomorrow and young Rashid seems to be enjoying The Oval wicket, well more than five runs an over Chris Schofield did.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
LVCC Div 2 match at Taunton

Middlesex 1st innings: 600-4 dec (Shah 193, Godleman 113*, Nash 100*)
Somerset 1st innings: 215-2 at stumps (Langer 82*, Trescothick 70, Hildreth 49*)

They are playing on one seriously flat pitch at Taunton, hence the mammoth 1st innings total; since it dried out yesterday afternoon no-one has been able to get much movement out of it. Anyway, Trescothick played beautifully for his 70 and Langer's been sublime; didn't see much of Hildreth as I left soon after he came in.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
LVCC Div 2 match at Taunton

Middlesex 1st innings: 600-4 dec (Shah 193, Godleman 113*, Nash 100*)
Somerset 1st innings: 215-2 at stumps (Langer 82*, Trescothick 70, Hildreth 49*)

They are playing on one seriously flat pitch at Taunton, hence the mammoth 1st innings total; since it dried out yesterday afternoon no-one has been able to get much movement out of it. Anyway, Trescothick played beautifully for his 70 and Langer's been sublime; didn't see much of Hildreth as I left soon after he came in.
Nothing new there. You would have to be a seriously bad player i.e. Ben Hutton, to miss out on that concrete strip.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Okay which cw users support which county teams? I have been very much a Surrey fan.
Here's a few...

Robbins & Crampton - Warks
Gough, Dickinson & Sam (PF) - Yorkshire
EX*ahem*You-know-who - Durham
Colin (aussie), Swervy, Bowman, skd & Bennett - Lancashire
le & Pedro Delgado (:() - Derbyshi*e
David Lewis - Surrey
Pitt, Baker & Hingston - Somerset
Pickup - reformation
Walsh - Glamorgan
Brumby I think is Warks?
Halsey and Dewan - Essex