• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Azhar Mahmood show down at The Oval. Shame the Lancs match was rained off with us in such a strong position. If Manchester was situated in Sussex, how many County Championship titles would we have had?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Anna said:
Fair enough. I haven't seen Som play this season yet, so I'm not really in a position to comment on it..
I haven't actually seen us play either, but from what I can see from scorecards etc, he made some very strange decisions about how to use his bowlers. He seemed intent on using eight bowlers in every innings, just to get some use from the part-timers. Add to that the fact that we lost most of those games.....;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Timewell said:
I forgot to mention that Loudon was Captaining the side. I guess Heath Streak must have picked up an injury beforehand!
Bearing in mind the likes of Ali, Daggett and Anyon played whilst Streak and Vettori sat it out, I'd say it's more about resting players.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Originally Posted by DanielFullard
Scotland will suprise a few counties this year in the CGT...

You heard it hear first. Before you start Im not Scottish but having seen them last year and in pre-season I have a feeling that they will a few counties by suprise this year. I wanted to get this in before thier first CGT match tomorrow and Ill giver you the players to look out for...

Bowling....Ryan Watson is a handy little spinner who is also very good with the bat. Craig White is in the Harmison mould and can be deadly but destorys his figures by having the odd double figure over. Paul Hoffman is a brilliant fast bowler and probably the most deadly and able of the line up. Madien is the other spinner ands is a bit hit and miss but if on form is very capable of causing county bastmen real problems. Hopefully Lyons and Wreeaantha will be no where near the pitch but I think giving Nel a chance at this level is worth the risk. Very solid fast bowler will real pace and conistency.

Batting...Watson is aslo very good with the bat but Lockhart is the man to look for and if he gets going he can cause damage. Stanger is equally as good and Colin Smith the wicketkeeper is very nifty with the bat. Fraser Watts is a real talent who for some reason struggles to get off the mark but once he does he can have a great innings.
TT BOY: lol: Bless...
Looks like I was right all along.

My two predictions for this season are coming true. One was the above that Scotland would suprise a few teams and the other was that Onions, having looked great after coming back from India, would prove a better, dangerous and match-winning first class bowler

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Was at the Durham game yesterday as you would expect and it was a corker.

J.Lewis.....Please leave. The guy was playing like it was a 5-day test rather than a one-day 39 over match. The longer he stayed in the less chance we had of winning and up until the last few overs we had no chance of winning and it was all Lewis fault. He is not a one day player and the sooner the coaches see that the better. We cannot win a one-day trophy with Lewis in the side!

On a better note, Calum Thorp...wow. The guy was in KP mode. He was connecting with the ball better than I have ever seen from him, and he was batting perfectly. His innings won us the game. 39 from 3 overs between him and Mustard and the game was in the bag.

Again Durham don't do it the easy way and Thropy keeps the hopes alive

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh I remember looking at the scorecard and seeing Lewis on 0* off 19 balls and Durham were on 12-0 off 5.4 overs or something. To be fair a few others scored really slowly in that game as well and Leicester's bowling attack is garbage so they could always pick the run rate up later against the even worse plodding bowlers. I do agree that Lewis should stick to FC cricket tho.

Chubb

International Regular
On at Chelmsford on Sunday I had the privilege to watch an amazing game of cricket between Essex and Sussex.

Ronnie Irani was superb for his 132*, several times smashing Rana Naved-ul-Hasan into the stands for six. Considering Rana has been ripping through lineups all summer it was an incredible assault. Andy Flower and Ravinder Bopara also played extremely well for their fifties, Flower simply being extraordinary, working the ball effortlessly for singles and punishing the bad ball b

Andre Adams bowled extremely well at the start of the innings for Essex, and took three wickets, including Prior clean bowled, to help reduce Sussex to 50-4. Then, however, came Murray Goodwin, who simply played probably the best innings I have ever seen "in the flesh" The only rival is Blackwell's 130* against Sussex last year.. There was nothing Essex could do to stop him once he passed 50. Carl Hopkinson also deserves plaudits for sticking it out for a fifty- he was particularly severe on anything on his legs.

As Sussex and Goodwin remorselessly crept towards the target, Irani began to panic. His bowling changes made little sense, Adams not being brought back until the 46th over and Grant Flower being brought on too late. Indeed, Ronnie lost control. Andy Flower was basically in charge at the end, talking to the bowlers and telling Ronnie what to do. Apparently, Flower had been annoyed with Ronnie's captaincy from the start of the Sussex innings, especially because Grant and he know Goodwin's game so well, but he didn't speak up until it was too late. Goodwin lashed several brutal pulls into the stands, and Sussex won thanks to his brilliant solo effort.

It was a good day to be a Zimbabwe cricket fan, with Goodwin and Andy both making runs. Grant was disappointing and obviously out of form with the bat, but he was on a hiding to nothing with his bowling. I should have brought my flag, but it's back in Devon now. Waiting for Ray to come to Taunton.

Attachments

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Someone is competing for an award, if you come to Taunton we'll meet up, I'll bring my flag as well from the other side of the limpopo..

If you have Adobe Photoshop you might want to check the Unsharp Mask filter, have an experiment, I use it all the time and it makes photos look a lot crisper.. Adobe Photoshop is the e'est thing I've ever bought..

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
looks like Vettori is out with a back problem.

Naved not content with getting buckets of wickets is now hammering the Middlesex attack to all parts. Sussex march on.

Good to see Geoff in the runs

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
and Lancashire have signed Nathan Astle to replace Brad Hodge when he's away on Ateam duty. Can't say i'm that enthused by this, but hopefully he'll do better than last year at Durham

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
and Lancashire have signed Nathan Astle to replace Brad Hodge when he's away on Ateam duty. Can't say i'm that enthused by this, but hopefully he'll do better than last year at Durham
Not happy with that at all, but I suppose most of the decent non-full international Aussies and Asians are playing in this 'A' series. Presumably Astle is there for the Twenty20.

What's the West Indies tour schedule like when the India series is over? Would have liked Gayle/Chanderpaul/Sarwan or a South African batsman. But I suppose we haven't got a clue who's available/who isn't.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
SA are touring SL from Jul - Sep so either of those aren't available, Pakistan are in England, India head to SL for the tri series in August and given they are still in WI now any of their players probably aren't available.

As you I probably would have preferred Gayle/Chanderpaul/Sarwan/Mohammed, I did hear a rumour at one point about a possible WI players but it hasn't come to anything.

The fact that Symonds has just had wrist surgery might have affected things as he was reportedly keen to come back for a bit at one point.