• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Off Season 2010/11

Howe_zat

Audio File
That's a bit rough. Wouldn't O'Brien be allowed to apply for a passport or something if he was married to an English bird?
He is married to an English "bird", and can apply for a passport (and probably has). He has a visa to live and work in the UK. He is legally allowed to work as whatever he likes, from a fireman to a frigging darts player, except play county cricket. All because the ECB, which currently employs dozens of international coaches and staff, has decided he is too foreign.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He is married to an English "bird", and can apply for a passport (and probably has). He has a visa to live and work in the UK. He is legally allowed to work as whatever he likes, from a fireman to a frigging darts player, except play county cricket. All because the ECB, which currently employs dozens of international coaches and staff, has decided he is too foreign.
**** me. O'Brien should sue.

Woodster

International Captain
According to cricinfo, Owais Shah has signed with Essex.
Finally this move has been confirmed, been on the cards for a couple of months. Good signing for Essex, desperately in need of a consistent performer in the middle order. Need Bopara to forget about IPL also, and concentrate on first-class cricket if he wants to get back into the Test side.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are there any posters who are lawyers? Would the ECB's decision to not allow O'Brien as a domestic player hold up in a court?

Woodster

International Captain
Matthew Maynard has left Glamorgan as coach, will Dalrymple follow him after being sacked as skipper.

Ian Westwood is another skipper to lose the job, of his own accord, stepping down as Warwickshire captain.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Think Duncan Fletcher may have given them a recommendation. Good opportunity for Virus and it won’t feel strange for him to be playing in a struggling side.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sad news indeed - I hope he does make a full recovery and that this isn't the beginning of a sad decline - or if it is that he recognises that and doesn't come back and look a shadow of his former self

Woodster

International Captain
All fairly quiet on the domestic front. Jim Troughton is the new skipper of Warwickshire, Tres has joined forces with Mongoose and stands to make a packet next season if he thumps one over the pavillion at Lords.

Charlie Shreck has decided to extend his stay with County Champions Notts, signing a new two-year deal.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yes absolutely, is this due to the actual potential of these players, or a serious lack of funds to sign new players and replace players such as Kirby and Hussain ?
It's probably a bit of both: I can't imagine Hussain was on that much - but Beard has been one of those players who's held promise from an early age. He played for Glos IIs at the age of 15 - and has been playing HCPL cricket for Thame for some time.

I'll be interested to see how he fares in Australia over the next few weeks with Oxfordshire U19.

Woodster

International Captain
It's probably a bit of both: I can't imagine Hussain was on that much - but Beard has been one of those players who's held promise from an early age. He played for Glos IIs at the age of 15 - and has been playing HCPL cricket for Thame for some time.

I'll be interested to see how he fares in Australia over the next few weeks with Oxfordshire U19.
Would have thought regards Hussain he would have hoped his contract would have been much improved for the coming season after making such an impression in his first full season, but certainly for last season you're right he couldn't have been on too wealthy a contract.

You obviously know more about Beard than most of us, so we'll have to watch his progress with interest.