• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Off Season 2010/11

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope they do cut the T20's down, but I feel a lot of sympathy for the smaller counties. T20 is absolutely awesome at Chelmsford, exactly how T20 should be. A small ground, full crowd, great atmosphere, loads of sixes. Fun and not taking itself too seriously.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The OT development plans got the green light today. Good news I suppose, the plans are hardly amazing though. Think we are gonna be turning the pitch soon.

Woodster

International Captain
Hope they do cut the T20's down, but I feel a lot of sympathy for the smaller counties. T20 is absolutely awesome at Chelmsford, exactly how T20 should be. A small ground, full crowd, great atmosphere, loads of sixes. Fun and not taking itself too seriously.
Absoltely. It looks a great spectacle at Chelmsford, and no surprise that Essex are one of the few counties to make the 16-game format a success, and presumably are massively in favour of the competition retaining the 16 games again.

I can understand the counties view, as you say, the smaller counties, that see T20 days as decent earners. But it really was overkill last season, and a shorter sharper format will hopefully bring the crowds in at other places where attendances were not so good.

T20 should be all about having fun, but inevitably with all the money on offer now, that fun will give way to more ultra-professionalism, and so certain fun gimmicks may be left out.

Still a bit of hit and giggle if you ask me.

Woodster

International Captain
The OT development plans got the green light today. Good news I suppose, the plans are hardly amazing though. Think we are gonna be turning the pitch soon.
Yes read that. The square turning 90 degrees to ensure that one day when the sun's out does not hinder play!

Will be interesting when it is finished, as to the difference it makes.

Woodster

International Captain
What is actually involved in the process of turning the pitch?
Tbh, wouldn't know where they'd start with it. Can imagine it's going to take a good while for the pitches to settle down. But in terms of what process is undertaken, I wouldn't have a clue!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In other news, anyone know what basis there is for O'Brilliant to be told he can't play next year?

The_roc

U19 Captain
Apparently 7 of the counties voted against cutting the T20 schedule, including Somerset. Like Essex they get good crowds, apart from the time they scheduled 3 home games in one week.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Twenty20 perhaps should be 3 groups of 7, with 3 teams from overseas (Aussie and 2 IPL teams)

12 games per counties with 7 home games

Only 1 home game lost plus less games.... everyone wins

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My spies tell me that Ireland will sign with Middlesex, and Porterfield to sign with Surrey.

Looks like a deserting of Gloucestershire of Worcestershire proportions....

Murtini

School Boy/Girl Captain
I support Derbyshire and I'm not happy with the fact Rogers is leaving us. He was told earlier on in the summer he can't sign a new deal because of visa issues and now out of the blue he's gonna sign for Middlesex. Really annoys me does that.

Worcestershire set to lose Moeen Ali, Solanki, but they are looking to keep Shakib for another year.