• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Cricket 2012

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anderson
Broad
Bresnan
Finn
Onions
Tremlett
Meaker

Masters, Richardson, Gidman, Barker, Coles.

It should be said I don't rate Woake's bowling, seems to have gone backwards, reminds me of Plunkett.

Oh, and Trego for England.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man
Anderson
Broad
Bresnan
Finn
Onions
Tremlett
Meaker

Masters, Richardson, Gidman, Barker, Coles.

It should be said I don't rate Woake's bowling, seems to have gone backwards, reminds me of Plunkett.

Oh, and Trego for England.
How often have you watched him in 1st class cricket?

Last edited:

grecian

I think Pews was probably taling about viable Test options, and many mentioned are probably too old, and Woakes is ahead iun the packing order, doesn't make my opinion an exaggeration though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think Pews was probably taling about viable Test options, and many mentioned are probably too old, and Woakes is ahead iun the packing order, doesn't make my opinion an exaggeration though.
If it's any consolation, I no longer think you were exaggerating; I just think you're outrageously wrong. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Probably, but I think your point about not being in the top ten seamers, without other qualifications is easily defendable.

Rate Woakes as the package a lot more than Woakes the bowler, me. Think his lack of pace & bounce might be exposed at the highest level

grecian

Probably, but I think your point about not being in the top ten seamers, without other qualifications is easily defendable.

Rate Woakes as the package a lot more than Woakes the bowler, me. Think his lack of pace & bounce might be exposed at the highest level
Yeah, I hope that his injuries have put him back a bit in that way, and he can put more revs or get more accurate, because now you'd struggle to see him get top class bats out consistently.

Jones against Tres, ahh lost talents of 2005.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to say Jonah looks an old man nowadays. His run up is practically arthritic and he has more grey hair than me.

& I have a lot of grey hair.

amanuensis

U19 12th Man

That's the key though. We're not talking about a strike bowler, merely a support bowler who can lessen the load on the other 4 & stand up with the bat - 6 hundreds, 7 fifties & 2052 runs @ 38.72 since the start of the 2009 season is bloody good in a batting order which hasn't really shone.

Scaly piscine

Here we go again, bowlers give us a good chance by knocking over the batsmen cheaply then get smacked about by some ****ing donkey tailenders.

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
It's going to be a close finish at Taunton. Somerset were cruising but some soft dismissals have given Glamorgan a sniff.

Still Somerset's to lose though.

FBU

International Debutant
At the end of last season leading career bowling averages for bowlers in first class county cricket (200+ wickets)

Murali 1374 at 19.64
Philander 235 at 19.88
Davies 253 at 22.63
Adams 546 at 23.81
Vaas 765 at 24.44
Woakes 223 at 24.61

followed by Naved 24.63, AMahmood 25.06, Sidebottom 25,08, Willoughby 25.83, Lewis 25.84, Kartik 26.24, Collymore 26.38, Chapple 26.58, Masters 26.82, Kabir Ali 26.99, Thomas 27.18, Harris 27.20, Thorp 27.21, Hall 27.36, Hoggard 27.48, Tremlett 27.48, Anderson 27.63 and Ajmal 27.67.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Woakes himself has talked about having put on extra pace the last couple of seasons. Will be interesting if Warwickshire are shown in skys second CC match this year.