• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Cricket 2012

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe something of a shoot-out for the 2nd test between Finn & Onions at Durham today. To date, Finn took 2 for 17 and Onions has yet to take a wicket. Early days in the Middx innings though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cooper looking the key to the game for the Dutch here. Rattling along at over a run a ball (22 off 20 as I type) and looking very solid. Especially strong on the cut.

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
Lots of wickets falling on the first day of these 4-day county matches. Thirty one gone in five games, an average of over six in each.

There's either some excellent bowling going on or some juicy pitches out there. Either that or the batting's crap! :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cooper looking the key to the game for the Dutch here. Rattling along at over a run a ball (22 off 20 as I type) and looking very solid. Especially strong on the cut.
50 up off 45; kudos to the boy. Netherlands ahead on DL with the rain coming down.

Stumpcam

U19 Captain
Quite a collapse from the Dutch after the rain break. Didn't see it but was the rain to blame for spicing up the pitch, or just **** batting?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Haha Fuller. 38 off an over one game, 6-35 the next. Netherlands throwing it all away in the cb40.

For the Aussies guys Angus Robson made 145 for leicester 2nds today.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Michael Swart likes a pie or several. Cricinfo has him down as off-breaks, but coulda sworn he's bowling seam up here.
Bowling slow-mediums, IMHO. Occasionally puts a tiny bit of cut on one, but no way an offie.
He bowls both, depending on the situation. His 'proper' offies are pretty gash but they're accurate.

His seam-up stuff isn't really "seam up" either; he comes off a longer run than when he bowls offies but he exclusively sends down slow off-cutters. Dan Harris is the obvious comparison that comes to mind but you probably haven't seen him bowl anyway.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Scratch that. Borgas (another crim?) yorks himself so the DL shoots up from 103 to 117. Bah.
Borgas is actually their overseas player. Shows how much they had to scrape the barrel for that given he's just been de-listed by South Australia and is now stateless in cricket terms. I'm surprised they actually bothered; he probably wouldn't be a walk-up starter for that side and they have to leave him out when they play internationals anyway.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
lol, nightwatchman palladino 90* vs Aus A. Highest first class score before this game was 66.

Woakes churning out more runs. freak.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Borgas is actually their overseas player. Shows how much they had to scrape the barrel for that given he's just been de-listed by South Australia and is now stateless in cricket terms. I'm surprised they actually bothered; he probably wouldn't be a walk-up starter for that side and they have to leave him out when they play internationals anyway.
should have stuck with Motty tbh

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, would like to see him batting a little higher although it's understandable why Warwickshire don't given their side.

Anyway is the one guy I could be convinced that we could play 5 bowlers with.