• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Cricket 2012

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Was just looking up a few of the old Surrey players and discovered that David Thomas died a couple of days ago! Sad times for the county indeed. Came close to playing for England, briefly.
I remember the 1982 Nat West Final quite well. Especially the spell when he removed Amiss & Humpage in quick succession, which set us well on the way to victory.

53 is no sort of age to go. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Jacknife

International Captain
Mike Yardy has stepped down as Sussex captain, ostensibly to concentrate on his own game. Ed Joyce steps up.

Really hoping this is purely cricketing related (given MY's performance this year, that's quite possible) rather than a recrudescence of the black dog.
So do I, the blokes just got back to something like his best, would be a huge shame.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Gloucestershire have been trying the revolutionary tactic of two seamers plus an offspinning allrounder this current match plus a couple of part timers.

Hopefully Durham 2nds can complete victory aganist Aus A

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pleased to see Hogg and Prince giving Kerrigan something to bowl at at Aigburth, but Lancashire's batting really is woeful

stumpski

International Captain
Masters regaining something of last season's form with four cheap wickets - it was against Leics that he took his 8 for 10 wasn't it?

Jacknife

International Captain
Good to see Rashid bowling well again, they'd been signs of improvement in the limited overs stuff but still very welcome.

Ballsed our first innings up some what and have found ourselves a ton or so behind, gonna be hard to force a result here. Letting them score another 120 after getting the 7 down should be a no no.

Jacknife

International Captain
Morgan again smashes a quick ton for Middlesex 120 off 80 balls, shame he hasn't done a thing in first class cricket though so far but his future for England looks like being in limited overs anyway.

stumpski

International Captain
But they still only manage a tie.

Worcestershire score 23 off the last over!
Just been reading about it, fantastic display by Ben Scott against his old team. I have a friend who lives at Uxbridge and was almost certainly there.

Dan Redfern's 50* doesn't look much but he won't play many more important innings for Derbyshire. That win looks priceless in a season with so many draws.

stumpski

International Captain
Surrey 67-4 at Chester-le-Street - two cheap wickets for Stokes, who seems to have slipped down the England reckoning a little, and Roy run out in the last over of the morning. 8-)

stumpski

International Captain
New name in the Durham team - Keaton Jennings, son of Ray and the captain of last year's SA Under-19 team in England. Presumably playing on a EU passport, although it remains to be seen whether he wants to be the next Jon Trott - perhaps Scaly knows more ...

... and Harinath goes in the first over after lunch.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
And i thought they we're going to stop signing Saffies,how many years to Sam Robson becomes English,his brother soon to play for leicestershire.