• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Tom Flint

International Regular
Is Joseph going to play tomorrow. I really want to see Thomas play but the tail would be a bit long if they go
Dowrich
Roach
Thomas
Joseph
Gabriel

Tom Flint

International Regular
Thought so. Got a feeling England might bat well with a more balanced line up.

Burns
Jennings
Denly
Root
Buttler
Stokes
Bairstow
Ali
Broad
Wood
Anderson

Is the team I think they'll pick not that I agree

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
The David Moyes ' I have no idea what I'm doing' meme could certainly find a new home with Bayliss and Root.

Woodster

International Captain
Very disappointing selections for the third Test, how Jennings gets back in at the expense of Foakes is beyond me! It seems as selectors our men in charge are losing sight of a number of things and come across as though they have little idea of what they’re doing other than putting the names in a hat.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Like from the squad they've got out there they don't have much wiggle room. Still sucks though.

Sounds like Woakes has a chronic knee injury which they are treating with the WC and Ashes in mind. **** record away from home anyway.

Foakes dropping was always on the cards even if I thought they'd wait until the summer. He was marganilized by dropping him to bat 8 from the third test in SL, with Moeen batting ahead of him, which was unjust imo.

Dropping Jennings and then bringing him back one test later though just strikes me as clueless. Like where is the long term planning there?
Already given up on teh Bairstow at 3 attempt seemingly. It's hard to try and understand what they are doing.

Like I'm no great fan of Mark Wood but I'd back him to offer more bowling wise than Woakes or Curran if the wicket is flat as suggested, although quite how fit he will be given he hasn't play since christmas is anyones guess.

Last edited:

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Anything to keep Jonny Bairstow happy eh.What an absolutely terrible man he is.Root not much better,they’re obviously Bayliss’s two golden boys.Poor Foakes,young rookie and the easy fall guy.

Thought they’d have learnt from dropping someone with recent success with the San Curran episode in the summer,obviously not.

Woodster

International Captain
So what happens if Jennings gets say a 50? We have to put up with him for the ashes I guess.
That’s going to be the problem, if Jennings does score a substantial number of runs they won’t be able to drop him and if he manages to start against the Aussies they’ll be rubbing their hands! England have backed themselves into a corner here. That’s not to say I don’t think Jennings has some ability but he shouldn’t be anywhere near the side for a while.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
not happy to have gayle back windies need to look forward for a replacement gayle is way past his prime my team

evan lewis
john campbell/ anyone but gayle
darren bravo
shai hope
shimron hetmayer
nicholas pooran
jason holder
keemo paul
spinner? maybe allen
alzari joseph
roach

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Assuming Jennings opens and Denly bats at 3, I can’t remember a worse England top three since I’ve been watching cricket. How far do we have to go back to find something comparable?