• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
They've announced the ODI side and in pretty pleased with it tbh. We're unlikely to win because England are superb in this format but at least it's one of the better sides we could have picked.

Gayle, Lewis and Pooran are huge additions to the batting. I still think our spin bowling is a massive weakness but let's see how it goes.

Fabian Allen
Devendra Bishoo
Darren Bravo
Christopher Gayle
Shimron Hetmyer
Jason Holder (Capt)
Shai Hope
Evin Lewis
Ashley Nurse
Keemo Paul
Nicholas Pooran
Rovman Powell
Kemar Roach
Oshane Thomas

SeamUp

International Coach
Surprised about that.

In South Africa he coached Mark Boucher at Selborne school and then for Border u19s he took them unbeaten at our u19 Week where he had Boucher, Kemp and Ntini under his wing. Then got the Border senior provincial role where he continued Boucher and Ntini's development. 1991-1999

First stint at the Titans between 2005-09 he helped develop Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Paul Harris & Albie Morkel (AB was already mainly with SA team) and his 2nd stint with Titans 2007-09 Faf du Plessis, Farhaan Behardien and Imran Tahir came through in this time.

2010-2012 he got Richard Levi and Vernon Philander through to the SA team whilst in charge of the Cobras and Stiaan van Zyl was building up an impressive FC record that got test matches down the line.

In this time he won multiple trophies at Titans and Cobras.

I really wanted him as SA coach during periods it was available.
Noone doubts his ability as coach. But he is seen as toxic by the players due to his terrible man management skills during his years as director of cricket.

He was basically the hatchetman in the Darren Bravo episode and implemented eligibility rules for selection which left us unable to select many of our best players. He was seen as a board lacky and someone who was very poor at communicating with players to explain decisions.

He has also done some excellent things like our extended 4 day season, increased number of A tours and professional salaries for FC cricketers. But it's hard to see him succeeding at coaching a bunch of players that don't trust him.
Really glad the controversy blew over and he has contributed to the success over England.

I actually don't think there is anyone better than him to try get Windies cricket as high as it has been in a long time.

Also great seeing Vasbert Drakes part of the set-up there too. Used to love watching him for Border and as I mentioned above Pybus' initial success when moving to SA was in Border.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Really glad the controversy blew over and he has contributed to the success over England.

I actually don't think there is anyone better than him to try get Windies cricket as high as it has been in a long time.

Also great seeing Vasbert Drakes part of the set-up there too. Used to love watching him for Border and as I mentioned above Pybus' initial success when moving to SA was in Border.
Yeah tbf you were spot on. He has just quietly got on with it and done an immense job so far.