• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Genuine question. If 90 is the absolute minimum that should be possible in most circumstances then how come no team ever bowls more than that? Almost never happens.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Really want to see Oshane Thomas let it fly. This will go down as one of the "thiccest" fast bowling attacks of all time. A real wall of muscle.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Genuine question. If 90 is the absolute minimum that should be possible in most circumstances then how come no team ever bowls more than that? Almost never happens.
Because there is no incentive to do so unless the bowling side is doing really well/has more than one spinner/is playing under bad light

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slow over rates should be punished for sure. Just not sure how and what should count as slow.

Borges

International Regular
Usually teams do bowl more than the ICC required absolute minimum number of overs
(The normal absolute minimum number of overs required is closer to eighty than ninety)..

As an example:
Three drinks intervals, 4 minutes each: minus three overs
Six wickets before close of play, 2 minutes each: minus three overs
Four DRS referrals, one minute each: minus one over
Even assuming that none of the other four allowances are needed, the absolute minimum number of overs: 83

hazsa19

International Regular
The offence must have occurred in the first innings, I guess. I don't think England's 2nd innings must have taken more than 3.5 hours. I watched the first two sessions of day 1, but I don't remember noticing it being particularly slow or anything.
I do. 24 overs were managed before lunch, it was painful. I think I even commented on this thread to the effect.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England still massive favourites to win the third test with the bookies lol. Is this due to Holder missing?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Really want to see Oshane Thomas let it fly. This will go down as one of the "thiccest" fast bowling attacks of all time. A real wall of muscle.
Me too! They've announced the squad and it's the same but Keemo Paul in for Holder. Sensible selection again, I just don't know how to feel, this is unheard of!

I'd rest one of the pacers and try Oshane. Paul has to play to strengthen the lower order.

FBU

International Debutant
Never mind the 90 overs, we usually get six and a half hours cricket to catch up overs instead of six. So two and a half hours extra cricket in a 5 day Test. :)
Looks like Wood will replace Curran in the next Test.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Not necessarily sure Wood is the answer for that quick bowler slot beyond this series, since his injury problems he seems to have lost that extra nip of pace that makes him a real handful. However, it’s right to leave Curran out, I just don’t see a Test bowler in him at this stage at all, that’s not to say there’s a lot of ability there and scope for development but he’s not ready yet.

He’s effectively a new ball bowler where he gets some shape with the new ball but he hasn’t even looked particularly threatening when he is curving it away from the lefties and into the right-handers. His spells after the new ball has lost its swing are fairly mediocre, not really offering the requisite control or threat allowing the batsmen to milk him and find the boundary when the inevitable floaty delivery is served up.

He has a lot of talent and that will hopefully be harnessed through the summer back at Surrey.

Last edited: