• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Team sheet has Hales batting 5. I'd actually bat him at 3. His game certainly suits batting in the top 3 much more than 5. Rarely if ever batted 5. Root batted loads at 4. Morgan one place too high at 4 anyway.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Team sheet has Hales batting 5. I'd actually bat him at 3. His game certainly suits batting in the top 3 much more than 5. Rarely if ever batted 5. Root batted loads at 4. Morgan one place too high at 4 anyway.
I think Morgan said Hales will be batting 3 at the toss. Hales might suit 3 better than 5 but I equally think Root suits 3 better than 4. If its a toss up between who bats out of position then I'd rather Root stay at 3 since he has less ability to accelerate

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'd open with Hales and move Bairstow to no. 4/5.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just because he hasn't done it in the past doesn't mean he can't do it in a JAMODI before a world cup

SillyCowCorner1

Heard that there's a party going on at the ground.

That's a common thing.

If DJ Bravo was there, then it might be a concert.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Am I the only one that thinks games abandoned with a toss shouldn't count towards a players overall game tally? Not a ball was bowled, so it absolutely shouldn't count as an ODI appearance for anyone selected

SillyCowCorner1

Am I the only one that thinks games abandoned with a toss shouldn't count towards a players overall game tally? Not a ball was bowled, so it absolutely shouldn't count as an ODI appearance for anyone selected
Yeah, it should only be official as long as a legal ball is first bowled.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Reckon West Indies could be rogue contender in the upcoming WC and will at least be challenging for the semi-finals. Hugely competitive against England so far, and were to an extent against India in India as well (iirc, they lost the series 2-1 and tied one game didn't they?) Gayle, Hope, Hetymer, Russel (if he plays)Bravo etc. All very talented and capable,
Think more often than not the bowling is gonna hamper them though. Beyond Cotteral (and I'm only going off this one game here) and Holder, the attack is seriously docile, but on occasion I think their batting is gonna power them to massive scores against which the opposition will struggle to get near.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm probably a long way behind the times with WI cricket politics... but is Kieron Pollard ever likely to return to the side?

In today's match, it seems it's Jason Roy's turn to pick up a niggle...

Tom Flint

International Regular
Braithwaite playing ahead of Russell is an absolute disgrace. Awful stuff.
Mayb they are sending him a message to say you can't just decide you want to be included in the squad and then just waltz straight back into the xi. I would like to think that's what they have done and then include him in the side for the 5th odi