• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Woodster

International Captain
Exciting finish...but have to feel we’ve thrown that one away. 60 off the last 10 overs with 6 wickets in hand should be a cake walk.
Yes fair play to WI for sticking in when it looked like we had it sewn up, but we certainly threw it away. Morgan and Stokes had the game in their hands, a few careless dismissals, one terrible umpiring decision and an unlucky one for Moeen and the series is level.

hazsa19

International Regular
Also you have to question Morgan. Rashid bowls 10 overs and I reckon we’re chasing 275 instead of 290.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the first five wicket haul by a Windies bowler in almost a year. Carlos Brathwaite was the last bowler to take a 5 wicket haul in ODIs for us. That was in the CWC Qualifying tournament in March of last year.

The last time a left arm pacer from West Indies to take a five wicket haul in a game was in 2004, by Pedro Collins.

This is only the second time that a left arm fast bowler from the West Indies have taken five wickets in an ODI match.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This is the first five wicket haul by a Windies bowler in almost a year. Carlos Brathwaite was the last bowler to take a 5 wicket haul in ODIs for us. That was in the CWC Qualifying tournament in March of last year.

The last time a left arm pacer from West Indies to take a five wicket haul in a game was in 2004, by Pedro Collins.

This is only the second time that a left arm fast bowler from the West Indies have taken five wickets in an ODI match.
The man has now sealed his place in the world cup squad.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was called in to replace Kemar Roach. So this is a huge bonus. I hope to see Fabien Allen in the next match. Bishoo and Nurse are containers, not wicket takers.
Why are Bishoo and Nurse things in ODIs anyway? Especially Bishoo, Nurse can at least give it some welly at the end of the innings.

SillyCowCorner1

Why are Bishoo and Nurse things in ODIs anyway? Especially Bishoo, Nurse can at least give it some welly at the end of the innings.
Bishoo's selection to me is baffling to say the least. We have better spinner than him in the limited overs scene.
The feelings are mutual with regards to Nurse.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Pretty significant win that. This England side really are superb with the bat and deserved world number ones, so to beat them with so many players missing is a great sign. Our ODI cricket has been utterly abysmal for ages, but there are some decent signs emerging since the India tour.

I thought Hety was the best batsman on either side by a country mile. He was the only one to score that fluently. Given the batters involved in this match, that is quite something.

Enjoyed Cotterell, he should be one of the first bowlers on the team sheet. Still not a fan of Bishoo, Nurse or Braithwaite. Replace Bishoo with Cornwall and hopefully Braithwaite with Russell and then we're looking better.

Daemon

Time to forget Carlos Brathwaite's name imo. Done precious little with the bat and ball despite playing some pretty friendly competition in his short career. Would sooner have Sammy back in the mix.

Beamer

Sackable offence that decision. I don’t even know how that’s possible. I looked away from the screen knowing nothing more would come of it.
Our umpires are awful. This is why I laugh when people talk about averages in our domestic cricket and wonder why batting averages are low and spinners take hatfuls of wickets. Get hit on the pad and you're out basically. Try averaging 50 with those sorts of umpires about!

Having said that, I thought Stokes review was dreadful, it was such a clear edge, his partner must have known and he didn't review immediately. I thought they was pretty selfish personally and cost them in the end.

Beamer

Time to forget Carlos Brathwaite's name imo. Done precious little with the bat and ball despite playing some pretty friendly competition in his short career. Would sooner have Sammy back in the mix.
100% this. Sorry to bring up Caribbean politics, but he is basically playing because he is Bajan. Holder loves him, the chairman of selectors love him, so they keep finding excuses to bring him in. It's annoying.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
100% this. Sorry to bring up Caribbean politics, but he is basically playing because he is Bajan. Holder loves him, the chairman of selectors love him, so they keep finding excuses to bring him in. It's annoying.
That happens in every country though - disagreeing with a player who is continually selected

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Carlos B really impressed me with his test knocks down here a few years ago. How come he's just a white ball biffer now

Edit - I see he took 1 wicket to go with his 3 fifties in the 3 tests he played. Interesting conundrum for a bowling all rounder.

He made our bowlers look pretty toothless though when they ran through the rest of his side

Last edited: