• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies 2022

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
At the Mahmood six, it seems a weird shot when you're the lesser batter at the crease, and that you've only hit 3 sixes in senior cricket previously. But whatever.

Three part-timers starting off with a maiden.
for getting into the bowlers' heads i think it was worth the risk

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It probably happens quite frequently, but can't think of too many occasions when numbers 10 and 11 are an innings' highest scorers.

Most decent 10th wicket stands seem to involve a decent batter with the 11.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Both facing this many deliveries as well. You might get it when they both slog a 30 each but I can't remember one lasting this long with a 10 and 11.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow.

Leach in fairness has had a couple of completely gun knocks but Mahmood doing this is a genuine surprise.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
It probably happens quite frequently, but can't think of too many occasions when numbers 10 and 11 are an innings' highest scorers.

Most decent 10th wicket stands seem to involve a decent batter with the 11.
I don't think it happens all that often. it requires a horror lollapse to exactly nine down and then the 10 & 11 suddenly getting their act together

the closest I've found is this https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...alia-vs-england-5th-test-62416/full-scorecard but that was the 8 & 11

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator