• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in The West Indies

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The commentators read it right I believe - the pitch is good for batting, but the bowlers with pace will get something out of it.
Absolutely agree.

To me, it is the perfect cricket wicket.

Rich2001

International Captain
Matthew Hoggard - Hat-trick!

Has turned this game right into England's favour stunning stuff and the heart of the West Indies are back in the hut!

Ball 1 - Sarwan a flashing drive outside off stump, leans back and flys to Giles @ Gully

Ball 2 - Chanderpaul, plum infront

Ball 3 - Beauty! - Swings into the left hander, tries to play across the line, checks the shot and trys to defend and gets a outside edge to Fred @ 2nd slip

Just a injuried Lara to lead the fight (again ;) )

45/5 - WI lead by 43

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Brilliant by Hoggard. So often on this tour he's been the workhorse while another seamer reaped the rewards.

As I type, Jacobs is undone by the short stuff - and this England attack have consistently been brilliant at that.

48-6

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh dear, Lara is going to have to outdo himself here. This West Indies tail will struggle to face 50 balls between them. I can't see how they are going to get out of this one, but if anyone can do it, it's Lara.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Man, this English bowling attack looks awesome:O . It looks a wicket may fall any delivery with England bowling. The pitches seem to be suiting England. I would be very interested to see how they perform in other countries.

England is creating havoc in WI:lol: . Shellacking WI in Cricket, outnumbering WI supporters easily in the stadias , hacking WI website and what not :lol: :lol: . The Barmy Army has been great in this series so far. The noise is reminicent of an Indo-Pak game and at times even beating it. Makes it much more enjoyable to watch :cool2:

Langeveldt

Soutie
80-6... England dont want the WI to make too many because 4th innings chases are never easy... and Lara could always go mental...

And the rain still comes down..

Rich2001

International Captain
tooextracool said:
i dont understand how cricinfo can say "thorpe swings it englands way" when we only have a lead of 2 runs and since we hafta bat last on this wicket.
Because if it hadn't have been for Thorpe we would have been looking at being behind by about 75-100 runs on the first innings and that is alot of runs just to give away, with him and the tail batting so well instead of giving up 100 runs we actually now have a lead that was at one point probley impossible to even suggest.

Rich2001

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
80-6... England dont want the WI to make too many because 4th innings chases are never easy... and Lara could always go mental...

And the rain still comes down..
Best out first ball after the break! 81/7

Lara wont go mental, he is struggling to bat after being hit about 4 times on his bad hand at the start of his inngs, he is already batting with the tail and he hasn't even looked at a attacking shot.

Oh and the rain is back and we are off the field again :(

Umair316

Cricket Spectator
Sad times for West Indies cricket.
Such a talented team going to waste.
I still think, this group of men can be the best in the world, if they perform as a unit.

This team reminds me of the Pakistani team from mid 90s, where internal rifts caused the downfall of the team's onfield performance.

I think team management is entirely to be blamed for this downfall.

The captaincy needs to be changed, Brian Lara is a great player, but not a worthy captain, they might have had limited success against the Australians but if you look at the overall Windies performance under Lara, it is very dissappointing.

Not since Richi Richardson, West Indies is yet to have a worthy captain.

Jimmy Adams, Carl Hooper suffered the same fate.

Rich2001

International Captain
vishnureddy said:
Man, this English bowling attack looks awesome:O . It looks a wicket may fall any delivery with England bowling. The pitches seem to be suiting England. I would be very interested to see how they perform in other countries.

England is creating havoc in WI:lol: . Shellacking WI in Cricket, outnumbering WI supporters easily in the stadias , hacking WI website and what not :lol: :lol: . The Barmy Army has been great in this series so far. The noise is reminicent of an Indo-Pak game and at times even beating it. Makes it much more enjoyable to watch :cool2:
You don't know just how happy reading that iam :)

People are always first to slate us and say how bad we are etc, but we know how the West Indies feel, just a few years back we were excatly the same always wondering if we could make a decent first innings score... But the people involded with England have worked very hard to get us through our difficult period and the older and experianced chaps retiring etc and the efforts are begin to show, it's so so easy to knock a team when it's down, but more often than not praise is missed when it is derseved, yes the West Indies have played poor shots at times but I can tell you from watching the whole series that by a long shot not all 60 wickets to fall so far have been poor shots :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
<quack> Au contraire, my little Essex buddy. Fidel Edwards dissed Tres, bowled off his bat, his pads, his eye, dear.

<LE> 'His eye, dear'?

<quack> Thank you for correcting me, Lucky Eddie. You are right.

<LE> What?

<quack> No, you're quite correct

<LE> About what?

<quack> Tres having no eye, dear
LOL!! Stop dissing him!!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
tooextracool said:
yes i would assume that his run of bad form will run until we play at the oval or when we play against bangladesh or zimbabwe. its really ridiculous how u can support someone who has failed continuously against the top teams in the world and its not like he has the technique to say that he can do better(as is the case with ganga). if we stick with him till the nz tour i can guarantee you we're gonna have a major problem there.
heres my suggestion to the selectors since they seem to like tresco so much.....play him only when england plays at the oval or against zim and bangladesh
Sorry, but how can you average over 40, but be inconsistant?

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Tres needs to work on his footwork but my main concern is Vaughan he has been in a really bad patch for quite a while

Rich2001

International Captain
Ooo Painfull, I hope Vaughan remembered his box.

England have started very well, looks like they wish to finish this tonight as both players have played some risky shots and flashed at really really wide deliveries, but at the same time Vaughan has played a coupled of classy shots too :)

42/0 - 51 Runs to win

Vaughan 28* :: Trescothick 13*

Probley about 50 mins of play left tonight, weather permitting.

Swervy

International Captain
hahahaha...Vaughan gets hit where it REALLY hurts,and Tony Greig looks over towards Vaughans pregnant wife and says 'its alright, he's already done his stuff'...classic:D

Rich2001

International Captain
Swervy said:
hahahaha...Vaughan gets hit where it REALLY hurts,and Tony Greig looks over towards Vaughans pregnant wife and says 'its alright, he's already done his stuff'...classic:D
LOL :lol: - Yeah that was a quick comment!

Rich2001

International Captain
Trescothick, not a bad shot for a out of form player :lol:

Six! - Pulled Edwards 20 rows back :D

53/0 (11 Overs) - 40 More Runs to win

Vaughan 28* :: Trescothick 24*