• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Sri Lanka

Woodster

International Captain
Despite it not being a particularly decent score, it won't be a very easy chase under lights on such a slow pitch. Although I back England to knock it off, think we'll have some scares along the way.

stumpski

International Captain
It isn't. 164. Clearly my DL tables are out of date.

Pointless tinkering, purely for the benefit of TV schedulers - who allow an extra half hour or so anyway. Anyone else think D/L shouldn't kick in until at least five overs are lost?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great finish to the game. Always nice to see us win a close one. Nerveless stuff from Broad to get us over the line.

Swann seems to be proving to be a more than useful cricketer, in Sri Lankan conditions at any rate. One can't help but think that a recall to the colours was overdue. Credit to Moores for that I suppose. :)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done, Broad and Swann. Finally we've got a tail that can bat a bit. Really think Broad has massive potential as an all-rounder. Does it under pressure, which is key.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Forgot England were playing today. Ah well superb stuff a ODI series win here would be brilliant especially with the absense of Flintoff & Trescothick, the ODI side is definately heading in the right track.

jammay123

State 12th Man
well done england but batting from both sides top order was horrible. cook is looking terribly out of form.

Woodster

International Captain
Has looked a bit out of form, Cook, however I canh't help but feel if we persevere with him we will reap the benefits, I believe he has the armoury to bat through most of the 50 overs, consolidating at one end, allowing the more free flowing batsmen to bat more aggresively around him.

Tbf, the ball that got him today was a good one from Vaas, straightened on him, would have accounted for a number of opening bats.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Hmm, Swann took 4-fer and Built a crucial partnership with Broad, who also chipped in with 2 wickets, and then went on to win the game with Ryan Sidebottom, who had earlier removed both openers and took the last wicket

Sounds like Nottinghamshire won this game, not crappy England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Great finish to the game. Always nice to see us win a close one. Nerveless stuff from Broad to get us over the line.

Swann seems to be proving to be a more than useful cricketer, in Sri Lankan conditions at any rate. One can't help but think that a recall to the colours was overdue. Credit to Moores for that I suppose. :)
And it does bring a warm glow to the ****les of those of us on CW who were arguing for his recall a couple of months ago. I know that modesty should forbid, but sod it, I don't get many right.

The other call that Moores definitely got right was recalling Sidebottom to open in these games now he's fit again. The obvious choice would have been to stick with Anderson & Broad, but Goldilocks has been an absolute revelation out here.

Treeny

Cricket Spectator
Great performance with by ENG Swann deserved the MOTM award, Broad proving to be useful down at NO 9.

Murali expected to be back for next game, thats a big advantage for them.

jammay123

State 12th Man
Has looked a bit out of form, Cook, however I canh't help but feel if we persevere with him we will reap the benefits, I believe he has the armoury to bat through most of the 50 overs, consolidating at one end, allowing the more free flowing batsmen to bat more aggresively around him.

Tbf, the ball that got him today was a good one from Vaas, straightened on him, would have accounted for a number of opening bats.

same was said for vaughn and he did nowt in odi's. dont get me wrong cook will be a fabulous player but maybe odi's arnt his game

Athlai

Not Terrible
Broads averages in day night games are impressive. :ph34r:

22.37 with the ball and 111 with the bat

He's played 9 and 10 day matches.

Odd isn't it?

He also bats much better in the 2nd innings, and bowls much better in the second innings. Crazy ol Broad.