• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Dodgy decision by the sounds of things, but Morkel's on fire. Is this the innings where he finally manages to look something other than 'promising'?
 

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Lulz at Harper giving that lbw when that was a NB.
Come on Safricans, suffer England.
Just concetrate SA
 

Jack88

Cricket Spectator
Obvious meltdown #378374823. Shocking decision on the no-ball clearly though, but our bowlers better match theirs and be on fire.
 

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Both teams rolling the dice in a big way with selections

Onions has looked Eng's best seamer whilst Sidebottom cant be match fit and I can understand SA picking one debutant seamer but 2?????

Doesnt really say much for Harris at all
No he hasn't...he's been good but Broad has been our best seamer and Adnerson's probably bowled slightly better than him as well
 

tooextracool

International Coach
These South African commentators are easily the most one-eyed and biased commentators I have seen in a long time. I mean this is worse than listening to Gavaskar.
 

wpdavid

International Coach
No he hasn't...he's been good but Broad has been our best seamer and Adnerson's probably bowled slightly better than him as well
It's potentially the worst selection we've made in ages. Onions hasn't been great, but he has been unlucky at times and he's match fit. Sidebottom, otoh, hasn't played for ages and he was never great against decent opposition anyway. Obviously the way we're batting it's probably going to be irrelevant.
 

Pothas

Hall of Fame Member
Oh God Harper is the 3rd umpire and he's missed the no-ball!
Boycs tearing into him now as well as Strauss decision's to bat

Thought I would sleep for the first hour instead of watching, checked the radio before leaving for lectures and the first name I heard was 'Bell.' Got to play another massive innings. hope he can do it.
 

wpdavid

International Coach
Boycs tearing into him now as well as Strauss decision's to bat
It was always going to be a tough call having ended up in trouble on both occasions when he inserted SA. Admittedly watching SA bat would be preferable to this, but it won't have been easy for Strauss at the time.
 

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Pretty strange idea to put the two bowlers on debut bowling in tandem straight after drinks. Reckon even a couple more from one of the opening bowlers would have been better, or even Kallis.

EDIT - sound like a knob now cause the selectors just said the exact same thing as me. Also, my stream is slightly delayed.

EDIT of my EDIT - bigger knob now as the commentators said it, not the selectors :)
 
Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's potentially the worst selection we've made in ages. Onions hasn't been great, but he has been unlucky at times and he's match fit. Sidebottom, otoh, hasn't played for ages and he was never great against decent opposition anyway. Obviously the way we're batting it's probably going to be irrelevant.
I don't agree with the selection myself, but if you were going to bring in Sidey then Onions was the right man to drop.

Boycs tearing into him now as well as Strauss decision's to bat

Thought I would sleep for the first hour instead of watching, checked the radio before leaving for lectures and the first name I heard was 'Bell.' Got to play another massive innings. hope he can do it.
LOL, Geoffrey's theory is "win the toss and bat 90% of the time, the other 10% of the time think about it and then bat."

ANyway, we're 15 overs in and if their seamers can do this damage I see no reason why ours can't. This could be a cracking match.
 

Top