• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nice reception for Pietersen, wonder if there'll be uproar like there was when Ponting got a boo or two

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I seem to remember Greg Matthews during the Ashes coverage saying he'd be surprised if Swann took another wicked after Cardiff
Given that Greg Matthews knows so much about not taking wickets in Test cricket, I'm surprised he got that prediction so badly wrong

Woodster

International Captain
Jimmy bowling well here, got it reversing both ways with Boucher struggling a little. Would start with Anderson and Onions straight after tea.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For these reasons, it was stone dead out. The 3rd umpire decision was an absolute shocker.

I disagree. There was no visible deviation, but so what? With a fine nick like that one you wouldn't expect to see a deviation. The key evidence was the clear nick that the stump mic picked up, which came at precisely the right split second and which could not have come from any other obvious source, eg bat on pad or bat on ground.
Are you referring to the Amla caught behind?

I'm not sure how you could call the third umpire's decision not to overrule a shocker. That's incredibly harsh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah and just to be clear, as far as I could tell the main outrage came from within these shores so it's not aimed at the Aussies or anything

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Given that Greg Matthews knows so much about not taking wickets in Test cricket, I'm surprised he got that prediction so badly wrong
He does know a bit or 2 about spin bowling, I mean, Troy Cooley couldn't buy a wicket at state level and now he's a highly sought after bowling coach.

But yes, the point is well taken that he got it wrong, sometimes technique isn't everything

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Bumble & Athers being prick teases here; Bumble "let it slip" that a fellow tourist clocked Swanneh in the gents (not a euphemism :ph34r:) on our 99/00 tour and gave him a fat lip. Any guesses?
Interesting that they mention it today of all days, just when the Mail on Sunday are running a story on Swann and mention it. Maybe they felt they could say it now it had been in the paper.

Graeme Swann: I got drunk, punched and dropped on my first tour of South Africa | Mail Online

and later found himself sporting a busted lip caused by a short-arm jab from one of the more senior pacemen following an undisclosed difference of opinion.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was it really because of that incident that he had to wait nearly eight years for another chance, or was he just not good enough earlier in his career? I mean, we picked some shoddy spinners in the interim, particularly in ODIs

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Rant0r

International 12th Man
except from the daily mail

"...Although I had a bit of a dip in the first Ashes Test at Cardiff when I bowled like a tool, since then things have gone from good to better..."

AHAHAHAA

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cracking partnership this. Breakthrough needed, Anderson should be on. Has been the best seamer today/

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Yeah i'm going for Goughy BTW, who will now become even more of an idol to County Players around England