• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

hazsa19

International Regular
SA players acting as if we’re 500-4. Were more than capable of folding for 450 if a wicket falls soon.

Bijed

International Regular
Jos must be running pretty short on rope now, guess it depends on how Foakes does when the CC restarts (hope he goes back down the order and doesn't feel he has to bat at 3 or whatever again). Vaguely worried we might just go back to Bairstow, though.

Are there any other keeper-bats vaguely in the frame if the two JBs don't perform and Foakes has a bad season?

hazsa19

International Regular
No one can use the match situation as an excuse for Buttlers ineptitude on this occasion. Just doesn’t have it in red ball cricket.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Foakes must go to Sri Lanka surely, you'd want the best gloveman standing up to the spinners wouldn't you?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jos must be running pretty short on rope now, guess it depends on how Foakes does when the CC restarts (hope he goes back down the order and doesn't feel he has to bat at 3 or whatever again). Vaguely worried we might just go back to Bairstow, though.

Are there any other keeper-bats vaguely in the frame if the two JBs don't perform and Foakes has a bad season?
Billings got a couple of tons towards the end of the season and he does play for Kent...

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Don't think it's a bad thing if England are allout for 400 here, as opposed to say 550. I'd be telling them to get on with it here and not worry too much about losing wickets.

Bowling unit isn't really setup to enforce the follow on, with no standout spinner (and question marks over the endurance of the fast bowlers), and with the test in Joburg coming soon after this game they'd be unwilling to potentially be in the field for 3 days (if they got 550).

hazsa19

International Regular
Don't think it's a bad thing if England are allout for 400 here, as opposed to say 550. I'd be telling them to get on with it here and not worry too much about losing wickets.

Bowling unit isn't really setup to enforce the follow on, with no standout spinner (and question marks over the endurance of the fast bowlers), and with the test in Joburg coming soon after this game they'd be unwilling to potentially be in the field for 3 days (if they got 550).
The game is kind of on hold until Pope either gets to 100 or gets out.

Bijed

International Regular
Cricbuzz saying there will be no appeal re Rabada and that he has accepted his offence. Was there more than just the scream, then? I'd have thought it would have been more than worth trying an appeal if it was just the screaming celebration. I guess it definitely falls under "using language, actions or gestures which disparage or which could provoke an aggressive reaction from a batter upon his or her dismissal during an international match" given the use of "could", but still...

I'll confess I'm not always a fan if his on-field behaviour but this incident seems the wrong one to go after him for

Last edited: