• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

Woodster

International Captain
Nice platform in that first session laid by the two young openers, this has to be the innings we pass 400!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Crawley seems to be thinking about it this time and I didn't expect him to be scoring more slowly than Sibley. Good to see him learning on the job.
Philander batting at 7? I know England struggle to dismiss him, but even so.

SeamUp

International Coach
One thing Sibley has always known despite his technique is to bat time. Remember when he scored a double hundred for Surrey as a 20 year-old or something batting for ages. Had a tough time after that though hence the move to Birmingham where he found his mojo again starting in division 2.

D/L

U19 Captain
Looking at the pitch, perhaps we have a drawn, full five day test in prospect here. That'd be a change.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I know Linde is the same type of bowlers as Maharaj, but it would have been interesting to play them both here in PE.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So close to the coveted double-cowan. I was on the edge of my seat for it.

95 balls for Sibley though. Total failure.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Beyond that, I'm struggling to remember when we last had two Kent players batting together for England. I'm thinking some pairing from Woolmer, Knott and Underwood back in the 1970s.
I reckon Denly and Billings in some ODI. I've no proof like

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most questionable thing about that is whether Key ever scored enough runs to be batting when we were 5 down :ph34r: