• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Stace

First Class Debutant
Obviously every session is important but this is the one that could decide the game, will be great viewing.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously every session is important but this is the one that could decide the game, will be great viewing.
I think they need to bowl us out before the close to be in this as they can't bat at present and we already lead by 158. If we bat till close we will be closer to a 250 lead than 200 and that will take some getting on this batting last.

Stace

First Class Debutant
I think they need to bowl us out before the close to be in this as they can't bat at present and we already lead by 158. If we bat till close we will be closer to a 250 lead than 200 and that will take some getting on this batting last.
Yeah even if we only have 3 wickets left someone like Broad could really hurt them tomorrow.
I love Root's slog sweep, best in the world for me.

91Jmay

International Coach
Root/Compton have clearly decided that a change of pace was needed, and it was the right option. Scoreboard moving along now, feels like it is close to getting away from the Saffers.

91Jmay

International Coach
The difference between Root sweeping and Compton sweeping is like watching Beyonce sing for 5 minutes then watching your pissed mate at a work karaoke. Not a natural sweeper to say the least.

Stace

First Class Debutant
This innings from Root is already more impressive then Smith's 200 runs in 2 innings against that part time WI side.

Stapel

International Regular
The difference between Root sweeping and Compton sweeping is like watching Beyonce sing for 5 minutes then watching your pissed mate at a work karaoke. Not a natural sweeper to say the least.
I can and will use this wonderful piece of proza in any imaginable circumstance!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Thought that was really weird, looked like Dar wasn't going to give it, then thought 'he can just review it anyway' he looked like he was expecting it when Compton went to review and wasn't surprised when it came back not out

Stapel

International Regular
The replay looked like it hit his sweatband to me, was it definitely glove?
I think the sweatband is part of the glove, not? Or does Root wear an extra sweatband (so 80's)?

Anyway, AB was anticipating for Root to get some wood on it. Hence he moved to the leg side a bit. Which is why he couldn't cling on. IMHO it's unfair to judge his keepng as not up to scratch, based on this drop. You really can't expect from a keeper to anticipate in that way!

Stace

First Class Debutant
I think the sweatband is part of the glove, not? Or does Root wear an extra sweatband (so 80's)?

Anyway, AB was anticipating for Root to get some wood on it. Hence he moved to the leg side a bit. Which is why he couldn't cling on. IMHO it's unfair to judge his keepng as not up to scratch, based on this drop. You really can't expect from a keeper to anticipate in that way!
Yeah Root wears an extra sweatband.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
1. Why is AB keeping when he wasn't doing it in India?
2. Would Rabada have been better off for this test instead of Steyn?

indiaholic

International Captain
1. Why is AB keeping when he wasn't doing it in India?
2. Would Rabada have been better off for this test instead of Steyn?
On the second question, Steyn was deemed fit so he had to play. And now it is a shoulder injury, earlier he was out with a groin injury... So doesn't look like a injury management problem.