• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I know he dragged it wider than he wanted, but silly to even go for it with a guy out there. Learn to work the singles.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe not. Still destroyed everyone else who visited India directly before or after.
Make no mistake, Cook was incredible but Ashwin was just atrocious that series. He was throwing in pathetic harmless carrom balls too often and just trying too many things at once. It's quite easily the worst he's ever bowled, home or away. Peak Cook vs current Ashwin would be a great, great battle and I hope we get to see it.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Make no mistake, Cook was incredible but Ashwin was just atrocious that series. He was throwing in pathetic harmless carrom balls too often and just trying too many things at once. It's quite easily the worst he's ever bowled, home or away. Peak Cook vs current Ashwin would be a great, great battle and I hope we get to see it.
I remember he was awesome in the first innings at Ahmedabad. Maybe he just got worn-down?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like that Compton changes to bat-down when facing spin, fair lot of the bat-up brigade seem to avoid that.