• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Marius

International Debutant
Lost because NZ were the better team on the day. Don't need anymore excuses.
Hitting a six off the second last ball of the game doesn't exactly indicate one team was by far the dominant. That game could easily have gone SA's way. It is cliched but that was a game of small margins.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sloppy fielding the most glaring culprit imo. Steyn's never been an amazing death bowler but I personally thought his last over wasn't that bad. I mean, he bowled pretty much a perfect yorker that Dan the man somehow squeezed away for 4. Can't do much about stuff like that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hitting a six off the second last ball of the game doesn't exactly indicate one team was by far the dominant. That game could easily have gone SA's way. It is cliched but that was a game of small margins.
So basically, SA could've won it if they hadn't choked?

Marius

International Debutant
So basically, SA could've won it if they hadn't choked?
South Africa could definitely have won that game. Did they choke? I'm not sure.

That said, NZ were worthy winners, but it was a game that could have gone either way and turned on small incidents, like many many other cricket games.

Marius

International Debutant
Steyn is definitely out, and Van Zyl has been released from the squad.

So unless, the selectors do something silly, like get Rossouw to open, Cook will debut.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Abbott was fit for last game, Morris was picked because of his batting.
He was fit enough to play but not fit enough to be at the top of his game. The coach was quoted as saying he was "85% fit" at one point through the Test. I think he should be fine for the next game but if he's still only rated as being 85% fit I can see them going with Morris again.

Stefan9

International Debutant
South Africa could definitely have won that game. Did they choke? I'm not sure.

That said, NZ were worthy winners, but it was a game that could have gone either way and turned on small incidents, like many many other cricket games.
They definitely choked. AB missed clear run out near the end by dropping the ball, behardien and duminy ran into each other causing a missed catch and steyn bowled length when he showed have bowled yorker length in the final over. The pressure got to them.

NZ deserved their win as they played the pressure much better then SA.

indiaholic

International Captain
They definitely choked. AB missed clear run out near the end by dropping the ball, behardien and duminy ran into each other causing a missed catch and steyn bowled length when he showed have bowled yorker length in the final over. The pressure got to them.

NZ deserved their win as they played the pressure much better then SA.
Steyn mentioned in an interview somewhere that the plan was to bowl length all along.

Compton

International Debutant
Why are people still acting like this is a rule that they must follow? They didn't follow it in the match that just finished.

Literally the last match.

91Jmay

International Coach
They should pick a team that meets the quota without even considering the quota, because it is their best team.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Why are people still acting like this is a rule that they must follow? They didn't follow it in the match that just finished.

Literally the last match.
The injury to qdk allowed them to get special compensation. My understanding is whenever they want to select less then 4 they need approval from the ceo.