• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
twctopcat said:
Again living in the past. I love the enthusiasm of the pakistani supporters, brilliant. But i don't believe a single word of it. I think anyone with an iota of a cricketing brain knows that England starts as favourites because - shock horror - we've got the better team.
As opposed to you, who's getting aroused predicting about the future. Atleast I have proof of what happened. :)

And I think I'd rather stick with what mr akram said, rather then giving thoughts to your opinion. :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
aliG said:
As opposed to you, who's getting aroused predicting about the future. Atleast I have proof of what happened. :)
Last time England played in Pak, they won the test series. So much for the proof. :D

biased indian

International Coach
if pakistan can have two in form spinners then i would give them a chnce of winning the series other wisee it will be england all the way

the same will hold good for india also when england visit them

twctopcat

International Regular
Sanz said:
Not everyone is a Pakistani supporter here. I am an Indian cricket fan and I do believe that England start as favourites in Tests but it isn't going to be as easy as some English Supporters think.
Oh i don't for a second think it will be easy, but i think we will win. Did i say 3-0 all innings defeats?? Most definitely not.

twctopcat

International Regular
aliG said:

And I think I'd rather stick with what mr akram said, rather then giving thoughts to your opinion. :)
Erm, who just beat australia. What happened last time you played them??You lost 3-0. You referring to Mr Akram says nothing about the current state of your team. England start as favourites, but it will definitely be a good, close series. Your the one talking your team up.

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
twctopcat said:
England start as favourites, but it will definitely be a good, close series. Your the one talking your team up.
Close series??? Tell me one thing, when Pakistan played the aussies last time, who kept on winning by nearly an INNINGS??? this is insane, i cant even think pakistan drawing a test. This is too much. :@

twctopcat

International Regular
Go_India said:
Close series??? Tell me one thing, when Pakistan played the aussies last time, who kept on winning by nearly an INNINGS??? this is insane, i cant even think pakistan drawing a test. This is too much. :@
As we have seen in this series, anything can happen in cricket. I'm not too keen on eating my computer so will save myself the bold statements. They can stay locked up in my head. :D

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
PY said:
No prizes for guessing where your allegiances lie. :p
No believe me, they couldnt even win a test series against WI :laugh: what do you really expect from such a team? Akram now can only say things to boost up pakistan, but he knows himself what the results are likely to be.

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
twctopcat said:
As we have seen in this series, anything can happen in cricket. I'm not too keen on eating my computer so will save myself the bold statements. They can stay locked up in my head. :D
well fair enough. But i will always support england in that series after all the hard work they have done for a couple of years. :cool:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Will Bell be in our line-up come the first test? With the probs Warne has caused him I can see Kaneria & even Afridi licking their lips. I thought he'd turned a corner after the 3rd test, but he's really failed to stand up & be counted since then.

I'm not adovcating not taking him on the trip, but there's certainly a potential opening for someone there.

PY

International Coach
A Thorpe-shaped gap perhaps?

I say stick with him though he's going to have to learn how to play top-class spin quicksharp because he's going to get pillaged if he doesn't with the whole winter spent on the continent.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Murali is the only one close to him.

So Pakistan's spinners don't carry as much a threat, and neither do Harbhajan and Kumble.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
dont worry with that marc, facing Harbhajan & Kumble in INDIA will be as much as difficult for bell as comabating the great Warne.

Choora

State Regular
Go_India said:
No believe me, they couldnt even win a test series against WI :laugh: what do you really expect from such a team? Akram now can only say things to boost up pakistan, but he knows himself what the results are likely to be.
I don't remember even India wiining a series in WI in years!! Does it means that you can write India off on its home ground 8-) and even though Pak was facing a WI team that didn't had Lara, i think the Pak team bowling attack was a joke in that series(akhter,Shabbir,Sami,Gul were all missing)

What is going to make life more difficult for Pakistan is that they will be playing on home ground, and thay have a horrible record on home ground. I suspect that Pakistan will lose the series 2-1.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
The thing is, Bell will never face a bowler of that quality again.
He faced Warne on flat English wickets.

Kaneria, Afridi, Kumble, and Harby will bowl to him on their home wickets that naturally favour spin.

Do him a favour and leave him out.

Likewise with Jones and Giles.

They're simply sub-standard.