• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
Well hopefully he will be fit. Freddy and hoggy did ok without him today anyway. I'm not so sure how the pakistani's will take to Harmy as well. They may be suspect to the short, violent stuff.
Well I dont really think that English attack did ok without Jones, First time in the series both the aussie openeds scored centuries...tells a lot about how they fared.

That said IMO Pakistanis are good players of Fast bowling and I dont think they are particularly weak/strong against the short stuff. If anything they are suspect against then it is good spin bowling.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Keedy is SLA not OS
yea but they are bowling with the same kinda variations even though on is left-handed & one is right handed, honestly i dont think their is much of a difference between a SLA & an OS other than that.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
aussie said:
yea but they are bowling with the same kinda various even though on is left-handed & one is right handed, honestly i dont think their is much of a difference between a SLA & an OS other than that.
Doesn't need a reply.

chalky

International Debutant
aussie said:
yea but they are bowling with the same kinda variations even though on is left-handed & one is right handed, honestly i dont think their is much of a difference between a SLA & an OS other than that.
They turn the ball in different directions is a pretty big difference.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Doesn't need a reply.
no dawg work with me on this thing, it has always puzzled me a bit, one is right-handed the other is left thus when they deliver their stock delivery (the off-break) or top-spinner it would turn in differenty for a right or left-hander. Thats why i wonder why the SLA bowler just cant be called a left-handed offie :mellow:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Well one can say the same thing about Simon Jones. How good Eng bowling is going to be without him. England's top order batting is still suspect, so I wont be so sure about England's series win if one/two key players are not fit.
How good was it today when they tore Australia to shreds (again), Sanz?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
I think you are grossly underestimating Pakistani ODI team here. They have a very balanced ODI team with Malik, Afridi, Razzaq as allrounders. Besides, getting inzi out isn't as easy at you think.
Getting him out of the restaurant is impossible.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
Thats why i wonder why the SLA bowler just cant be called a left-handed offie :mellow:
Because an offie turns it from off to leg and a slow left armer from leg to off?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
twctopcat said:
Well hopefully he will be fit. Freddy and hoggy did ok without him today anyway. I'm not so sure how the pakistani's will take to Harmy as well. They may be suspect to the short, violent stuff.
Have you ever seen a Pakistani wicket?

"short, violent" stuff gets to about stump height.

Reverse swing will be the key, not bounce.

aliG

School Boy/Girl Captain
twctopcat said:
Lol, i thought that this ashes series was pretty good for rash statements but i can see that this one will comfortably beat it!!! Your boys haven't seen anything like our bowlers and won't be able to handle it. I just keep dreaming of Jones' reversing it round corners. Roll on November. :D

I honestly think england will be brought down to earth by the pakistani batting. england and their fans are seemingly in the clouds, not knowing what lies ahead. with pakistani cricket, its all about passion..and thats how they play. infact the pakistani love for cricket = the brazillian love for soccer.

I predict Yousuf youhana and shoaib malik will make choclate sundaes out of mr and mrs flintoff (who ever his opening partner is :) ). plus the debate was who would win the hitting battle, and after it was established subconciously that its afridi, for some reason the debate drove to whos the better batsmen. people need to make up their mindsss.

on a side note: I honestly favor iftikhar rao over mr gul. and shabbir over both of them. and trescothik might actually do the most damage out of all the batsmen.

then again, all of these are simple predictions. but i am confident i will be satisfied with pakistans results.

btw....gooo usa in the minnow world cup. :)

Shoaib

Banned
aliG said:
I honestly favor iftikhar rao over mr gul. and shabbir over both of them. and trescothik might actually do the most damage out of all the batsmen.
Have u ever seen Umar Gul bowling?Umar Gul is always successful on Pakistani wickets because unlike Ahktar,Sami& Shabbir,he is a seamer and the only weapon he has is his beautiful swing bowling with which he destroyed the indians last year.When i watches Rao 3 years ago,he was as quick as Sami,if not Akhtar.But now,he neither has speed nor swing and variety.Thats why,I always prefer Gul over the other young seamers.

twctopcat

International Regular
aliG said:
and england will choke like THIS in close games. aaah memories. :)
Again living in the past. I love the enthusiasm of the pakistani supporters, brilliant. But i don't believe a single word of it. I think anyone with an iota of a cricketing brain knows that England starts as favourites because - shock horror - we've got the better team.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Anil said:
you can entice him out with more food...easily...
So that's the answer then. Gilo bowls a pie or 2 a bit short, and when he charges down the wicket, he's stumped.

Oh, except if it's Geraint behind the stumps that makes that plan less effective.

open365

International Vice-Captain
England managed to silent the best team in the world for 5 tests,i don't see how anyone could think that pakistan will get the better of them.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
How good was it today when they tore Australia to shreds (again), Sanz?
And that had nothing to do with the conditions("plenty of swing available in overcast conditions, light poor for batting and an onus on Australia to lift their pace" - BBC), did it ? ;)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
twctopcat said:
Again living in the past. I love the enthusiasm of the pakistani supporters, brilliant. But i don't believe a single word of it. I think anyone with an iota of a cricketing brain knows that England starts as favourites because - shock horror - we've got the better team.
Not everyone is a Pakistani supporter here. I am an Indian cricket fan and I do believe that England start as favourites in Tests but it isn't going to be as easy as some English Supporters think.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
open365 said:
England managed to silent the best team in the world for 5 tests.
Really ? Then why does the ashes score card still say 2-1, it should have said 5-0 ?