• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Obviously I dont want it too happen, but Id have no complaints if NZ win this.

Always good when positive cricket is rewarded.

They batted with purpose, have bowled to plans and made a very positive declaration.

NZ playing cricket the right way.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bell hits the 1st ball after Lunch for four. Then beaten by a beauty 2nd.

Remain very far from confident.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Absolutely devastated I missed that Mills spell. One of my favourite bowlers at the moment, and he cops heaps of crap for no apparent reason from various people. He has arrived at Test level now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wonder, can these two reprise their stand at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore in 2005\06? If so, hopefully the insane collapse that followed it that time might be averted here. 8-)

Can see NZ getting in more than the stipulated overs today, plenty more. Imagine Vettori and Patel will bowl for most of the rest of this session - if it lasts that long.

Batsmen pretty much blocking everything, commentators saying they need to play shots to disperse the field. Crap - there's no way NZ need to worry about putting the field out now. Don't block balls you'd be safer trying to hit - but anything off the line of the stumps, leave it, and anything other than Full-Toss\Half-Volley, don't do anything other than dead-bat it. Play forward as much as you can; play with the bat, it's still not turning overtly; don't run anything which isn't strollable, FFS a run-out now would be unforgiveable.

If these two make it to Drinks this session, that's when I'll start believing a Great Escape might just be do-able. But it'll be Tea (without further loss) before I'll start hoping it's going to happen.

EDIT: nope, Collingwood gone. Ambrose has one hell of a task now.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, why the hell would you try to cut one having barely played a run-aiming stroke for 50-odd balls? Madness.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, look, a few Kiwis turning-up as the result approaches formality... I wish I was surprised. :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, you can't say New Zealand haven't been - fairly comfortably - the better team.

Sidebottom gone, this should be over pretty soon now.

Just hope Bell doesn't waste the chance of a not-out playing strokes to try and farm the strike. He's never going to save this off his own bat now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now Drinks. Had we not lost those 3 just now I'd be starting to hope we could save it.

Hope Bell and Hoggard can at least put on something here, though. Not enough to raise the hopes to be dashed, but enough to show some amount of defiance. England don't deserve to save this game now really, and are impossibly unlikely to. But it'd be more dignified to go down in the last session than with a full one to go.