• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
End of an England win? Unless Pietersen bats through, perhaps.
Only once Pietersen's gone could we rule it out, IMO.

His 1st ball really bounces. Vaughan didn't seem happy with the decision, but it was pretty plumb for mine, and HawkEye looks good.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I'm certainly not confident of our chances - as I've said several times and as even Pietersen has said this morning - this surface is exceptionally difficult to force the pace on, especially against a spinner of the calibre of Vettori.

But I do think we have a chance. Draw favourite, followed marginally by New Zealand, followed by us.
The run rates right through the game make me less confident of a win for England. The pitch isn't that bad but it is not easy to get on top of the bowling. Plus, the approach of England counter attacking makes me even less confident.

I would say:

55% New Zealand
44.9% Draw
.1% England

Sorry...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The run rates right through the game make me less confident of a win for England. The pitch isn't that bad but it is not easy to get on top of the bowling. Plus, the approach of England counter attacking makes me even less confident.

I would say:

55% New Zealand
44.9% England
.1% Draw

Sorry...
Certainly, if we keep playing the same way, the draw is a very small chance indeed.

But I hope we'll have the brains to shut-up shop if wickets start tumbling. And if we do, I reckon we can still survive. Though obviously Vaughan's wicket had nothing to do with intent.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh and to the question about Patel. I believe its just a nickname to emphasise the fact Jeetan is not your average name. So he's been christened Dave by Baz.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Certainly, if we keep playing the same way, the draw is a very small chance indeed.

But I hope we'll have the brains to shut-up shop if wickets start tumbling. And if we do, I reckon we can still survive. Though obviously Vaughan's wicket had nothing to do with intent.
Actually it was a typo.

More like England .1% and draw 44.9% for me (was before the fall of the second wicket).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh and to the question about Patel. I believe its just a nickname to emphasise the fact Jeetan is not your average name. So he's been christened Dave by Baz.
Unlike "Baz" himself and "George" Hogg. More like Fardin "Bob" Qayyumi.

Bloody hell, that one bounced on KPP.

chalky

International Debutant
Good bouncer by Martn, Pietersen didn't have a clue & now not getting forward to the good lengh balls. He looks in a bit of trouble here.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS, Pietersen looking rattled now. Swishing with no feet at one outside off. The very opposite of what we've come to love from him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Strauss gone as well! Mills again!!!!!!!!!!

This is going down the pan before long!

Don't think me and George are going to need to worry about staying up too late. 8-)

chalky

International Debutant
I think England need to take the attitude of not losing this this game first if they are in a position to try for a win later in the day all the better if not so be it.

Edit Strauss gone in all sorts of trouble now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That was a cracking delivery from Mills this time, and a good catch from McCullum. EDIT: actually, he almost dropped that. Got his feet stuck, too.

OK, hands-up - who was backing Mills to put NZ in a position for victory an hour ago?

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
I've got the feeling we are going to be relying on our lower to save us later on.
Get ready for Monty & Hoggy to bat out the last few overs.