• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pietersen decision looked pretty dubious TBH. Not a good leave, no, but HawkEye suggesting it'd have no more than clipped the outside of off. I think n\o would've been the fair decision there really, and that has nothing to do with the match situation.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Pietersen decision looked pretty dubious TBH. Not a good leave, no, but HawkEye suggesting it'd have no more than clipped the outside of off. I think n\o would've been the fair decision there really, and that has nothing to do with the match situation.
Never had any sympathy with players leaving the ball and then being given leg before. The benefit of the doubt always appears to vanish in such situations.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It does, and I suppose there's something in that.

But nonetheless, the simple fact is the ball has to be clearly hitting the stumps, which that one, well, wasn't. Either change the rules to put something in there about "more suspicion will be given to those who play no stroke" or enforce the rules that are there properly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd be surprised if we didn't lose even if 1 of them was still there at the end.

There's 68 overs left today. And, for all intents and purposes, there's 1 batsman left to come.

This could easily be over before 1AM. Wish I hadn't drunk that bloody RedBull now, I'm going to be up for ages after this finishes. :@

It'd be nice to go to Lunch without having lost another one.

chalky

International Debutant
Looking on the bright side may not need all that coffee & red bull now infact the way it's going could be an early night.

chalky

International Debutant
I'd be surprised if we didn't lose even if 1 of them was still there at the end.

There's 68 overs left today. And, for all intents and purposes, there's 1 batsman left to come.

This could easily be over before 1AM. Wish I hadn't drunk that bloody RedBull now, I'm going to be up for ages after this finishes. :@

It'd be nice to go to Lunch without having lost another one.
The boxing starts at 2am (should be a good fight Haye vs Maccrineli) so as long as I can stay up until then I'm happy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
First no-ball by a Kiwi seamer in the match. Kinda ridiculous that spinners should have bowled 6 before a seamer transgresses once.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The boxing starts at 2am (should be a good fight Haye vs Maccrineli) so as long as I can stay up until then I'm happy.
Not a boxing man myself, 'fraid.

About the only other sport apart from cricket that'll keep me up where otherwise I'd go to bed is snooker.

Oram on.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Snooker's a bloody sport if enough people say it is. :dry: And it's about the only other... competition... I'll watch on TV as something other than a background these days. Have never understood the fascination in two guys hitting each other TBH.

Vettori into the attack just before lunch.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The run rates right through the game make me less confident of a win for England. The pitch isn't that bad but it is not easy to get on top of the bowling. Plus, the approach of England counter attacking makes me even less confident.

I would say:

55% New Zealand
44.9% Draw
.1% England

Sorry...
Don't be, I think we can fairly safely say it was an accurate prediction now. :dry: