• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Mike5181

International Captain
Comfortably the best keeper/batsman in world cricket.

The catch to dismiss Fulton was outstanding and got England right back into this match.
He doesn't have a huge amount of competition at the moment either. I can't recall him making many mistakes with the gloves on this tour. He did miss one that ended up going for a boundary, but that's it really. He's taken some really difficult catches as well.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yup, bat until there's an hour left.

Inconceivable that we would have batted for that long and possibly not get to 500, but England have been better today.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Swing until we're out. We need to be bowling tonight for at least an hour. If we have an hour left and we're still batting, declare then.
Nah just want 8-10 overs tonight to maximise runs and so the ball is still new in the morning.

If we bat really well from here we could get 500 and then do the above.

BeeGee

International Captain
Finn to Southee, OUT, wicket for England early after tea, and Southee's important cameo is over, makes room to steer a short ball over slip, finds the keeper
TG Southee c & b Finn 44 (33b 4x4 2x6) SR: 133.33
Finn keeping to his own bowling is impressive.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Damn. A very useful innings from Southee, though now he's out I can't see us getting 500 and still getting a bowl tonight. Maybe 480. Watling needs to increase his scoring rate.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
The lush, sand-based, outfield and no wicket block - has probably cost about 50 runs in 4s only being 2s.
This could be negated by the child-sized straight boundaries - but do t remember any straight 6s this innings. Just a Fulton top edged hook for 6 that I can remember where the sort straight boundary gave any gift runs.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Nah just want 8-10 overs tonight to maximise runs and so the ball is still new in the morning.

If we bat really well from here we could get 500 and then do the above.
This.

New ball bowlers can also have extended spells with a rest overnight.

I want enough runs to put England under some pressure to avoid the follow-on.

Mike5181

International Captain
Watling's playing a bit of a Chanderpaul innings here. Needs to step it up in this partnership, and with Boult if he's still there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Finn with a chance to produce a candidate for "the worst 5fer ever" contest here.
And he cements his place by picking it up with yet another leg side strangle.

I don't think I've ever seen a bowler get so many blokes caught behind down the leg side, tbh.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
bugger.

50 odd runs less than what we needed and the timing isn't perfect for the bowlers either.

Oh well, will still take 440.