• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The way Atherton is speaking, you'd think Swann would have scored more than just the one international 50 in the last 3 and a bit years....

Really, if you think he would have changed the situation here...
Think he was just making a general point, and it is a valid one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is the forecast constantly horrible? Because England's batting today almost neutralises the loss of day 1 doesn't it?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Insane.

Such a shame that the weather will make this a draw.
I think provided there no more than a couple of hours lost due to weather, there will be a result.

Surely Anderson, Finn and Broad will better than NZ bowlers have, so who knows what we'll be bowled out for ... :dry:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Is the forecast constantly horrible? Because England's batting today almost neutralises the loss of day 1 doesn't it?
It's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon and the morning of the following day, so will basically be a three day test.

_Ed_

I'd say more iffy than horrible - just showers in the forecast through days three and four. But the forecast for yesterday didn't sound like a complete washout either, so...

BeeGee

International Captain
It's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon and the morning of the following day, so will basically be a three day test.
If it rains Saturday morning there won't be any play that day. So, two and a half day Test, if we're lucky.

Zinzan

^ Ind33d. No better prescription for a first day wash-out than bowling a side out cheaply. I can't see NZ getting many against Finn, Anderson and Broad and I think Monty will actually be better against NZ than Swann would have. I know it was only ODI's, but NZ played Swann relatively easily, yet always seem to struggle against left-arm spin.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I know it sounds perverse but i love these days as an england fan. Once you get over the initial disappointment/ anger it's quite funny. You need days like this to really enjoy the good days(and tbf with england we have had more good days than bad in recent years).

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know it sounds perverse but i love these days as an england fan. Once you get over the initial disappointment/ anger it's quite funny. You need days like this to really enjoy the good days(and tbf with england we have had more good days than bad in recent years).
Yep, this is classic England, something reassuring about it really.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, this is classic England, something reassuring about it really.
Heh, the truth comes out. Always suspected you liked these days as an excuse to have a good whinge ;)