• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag's being rather smart here, hit a few boundaries and now he's just exploiting the open field with singles.

Cook's captaincy hasn't been all that great I must say, his bowlers have bowled well but it won't always be the case.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sehwag's being rather smart here, hit a few boundaries and now he's just exploiting the open field with singles.

Cook's captaincy hasn't been all that great I must say, his bowlers have bowled well but it won't always be the case.
Yeah it's a weird, weird field. If Sehwag is going for it, cool. Encourage him by keeping the field up.

cnerd123

likes this
Are the fields too open?

Swann + Panesar in tandem is the best idea ATM. Maybe get Anderson on when there is some reverse.

Preventing the fours and trying to create frustration is a good enough tactic to use against Gambhir and Sehwag.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome stuff from us this morning, still a long way to go but at least we're showing some intent. Hopefully Sehwag gets some treatment and is able to run better after lunch, Offense was always going to be our only chance of doing well on this pitch considering the kind of batsmen we have.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Awesome stuff from us this morning, still a long way to go but at least we're showing some intent. Hopefully Sehwag gets some treatment and is able to run better after lunch, Offense was always going to be our only chance of doing well on this pitch considering the kind of batsmen we have.
Gambhir needs to show a bit more compassion for his fellow opener and stop going for quick singles...saving the game is still and probably will stay the only positive outcome for us here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If I was an England fan I'd be less pissed at the bowling and far more annoyed at the batting. Should have kept India in the field for another 90 minutes rather than give them any hope. Lazy batting.