• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India 2016/17

mackembhoy

International Debutant
He may not have known he'd broken his foot, but that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't know he was injured.
True but he was trying to save his club from relegation. People put themselves through the pain barrier in important situations in sport.

A completely futile attempt as the bastards relegated us afterwards. Hopefully some lost revenue thanks to a 4 nil drubbing.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Wood shouldn't come back in to the side because there's not currently room for him. There's already Woakes, Stokes, Broad, and Anderson; all of whom deserve to play.
If you want to extract genuine pace, Wood before Woakes, Broad or Anderson any day.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's an absolute livewire on the field as well. Hard to stand out as much as he did from a fielding perspective in Test cricket. He and Jadeja were brilliant.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Always fun to re-read the early posts after a series is done. Guys who made good calls as far as the series results go:

Impatient Lime, flibbertyjibber, Pratters, Contra, Salamuddin, Marc.

These calls... not so great....

I predict Moeen to go much better than Lyon/Santner and the other overseas spinners to have toured recently. His quicker pace will suit these conditions nicely imo.
Yeah, I'll go with the 3-1 consensus as well. Jimmy coming back from injury and our spinners being no where near the class of 2012 Swann and Monty.........hard to see an England series win. But I reckon Stokes is going to be epic.
I'd love it if Stokes gets fired up like he usually does. Could be an enthralling series.
much more worried about our batting than our spin bowlers tbh. broad, stokes and woakes have enough about them to keep us competitive. i don't think you can say the same thing about the flaky batting. the onus on root and in particular cook is enormous.
And this was just spot on :)

English debutants do great when they debut in India anyways. If the English selectors are smart, they will not play either against BD and wait for them to debut against India and be awesome.

Last edited:

listento_me

U19 Captain
England have a 2 week break right? How is that right. I can't think of the last time a touring side got 2 weeks off in the middle of a tour....especially after playing the bollocks they just did. I can understand its Christmas and all but that should mean getting 4 days off, like most people at work would and then flying back to start the ODIs.

srbhkshk

International Captain
England have a 2 week break right? How is that right. I can't think of the last time a touring side got 2 weeks off in the middle of a tour....especially after playing the bollocks they just did. I can understand its Christmas and all but that should mean getting 4 days off, like most people at work would and then flying back to start the ODIs.
How about if the board and players are ok with the schedule it's pointless to complain?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's a tiny flaw in your logic mate - professional sportsmen are about as much like 'most people at work' as Ben Duckett is like Virat Kohli

Kirkut

International Regular
They deserve a break tbh. I was watching a Big Bash game recently and could see how jaded Broad was.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Most people where I work are having ten days off, not four. Present company included.
That's weird, where do you work? If it's a government department I would understand, although 10 is a bit much. Especially considering people I know who work in say, the DWP are having 7 days off, not 10. In the private sector, it's 4 days (the weekend ofc and then boxing day and the day after that).

How about if the board and players are ok with the schedule it's pointless to complain?
The boards and players are ok with many things it doesn't mean we as fans should take it or maybe every team should be given special treatment on special days. How about touring Pakistan and Bangladesh sides get a rest day on Friday? I'm sure most of you would be against that.

A 2 week break is excessive. I can totally understand a week off for the festivities, spending time with the family and so on and then coming back and resuming the series. 2 weeks is a joke.

Oh and Kohli didn't really seem ok with it, even if his comment came across as tongue in cheek.

Bijed

International Regular
Most people where I work are having ten days off, not four. Present company included.
That's including some annual leave, right? I've ended up with 10 days made up for 4 weekend days, 3 bank holidays and 3 days of leave which you basically have to set aside for the Christmas break.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That's weird, where do you work? If it's a government department I would understand, although 10 is a bit much. Especially considering people I know who work in say, the DWP are having 7 days off, not 10. In the private sector, it's 4 days (the weekend ofc and then boxing day and the day after that).

The boards and players are ok with many things it doesn't mean we as fans should take it or maybe every team should be given special treatment on special days. How about touring Pakistan and Bangladesh sides get a rest day on Friday? I'm sure most of you would be against that.

A 2 week break is excessive. I can totally understand a week off for the festivities, spending time with the family and so on and then coming back and resuming the series. 2 weeks is a joke.

Oh and Kohli didn't really seem ok with it, even if his comment came across as tongue in cheek.
Working over Christmas is pointless. And some of us have had no significant time off since summer so whilr I'm back tomorrow for 4 out of 5 days, I'm taking the first week of 2017 off.